Monday, March 28, 2011

Adversity.....

This quote has been on my mind a lot lately. It if from one of my most favorite books, Memoirs of a Geisha, and is probably the reason why that book is a favorite. The author sums up adversity perfectly, at least for me.

Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are.
-- Arthur Golden, Memoirs of a Geisha

It seems like every time I am going through some thing sad, heartbreaking, or just plain "hard" this quote comes into my mind, and while I am going through each particular trial I discover something that cannot be torn away from me. Right now I am learning that the love I have for my family is one of those things that cannot be torn from me. I love my parents, my sisters, my Ava, my niece and nephews no matter what. The best thing my parents ever gave me are my two sisters. They are my sunlight, and I don't think I could do life without them.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you so much too! Thank you for always loving me, even though I am a weirdo. We will always stand tall together, through everything. AND, we will eat cake!

Anna said...

Hang in there girl, I love you too!

Carly said...

Love you Julie...you have been in my prayers.

Grammy said...

I thin all three of you are pretty special girls. I believe the love we have in our lives is all we will take with us. I am always so happy to see the love between you three sisters. It's so amazing!