Tuesday, May 02, 2006



We went to Temple Square last night for family home evening. It was such a beautiful evening and the flowers were breath taking. There were tons of tulips! I can't believe how many different colors and variations there are! I think that has been my favorite part of living here, everyone seems to have tulips growing in their yards. It was a so nice to be so close to the temple and hear Katie's kids talk about it. I think that I really needed the reminder of what my goal is lately. I find it really easy to lose sight of the big picture sometimes. I have been faced with some tough decisions lately that would put the goal of a temple marriage in jeopardy. It was nice to be there and realize that nothing is worth putting that on hold for me. I have worked really hard to make the changes that were so necessary to be temple worthy. I actually understand now what my mother meant when she says "don't worry about how or when you will meet Mr. Right, just worry about being the right girl". I get it now. I am so thankful that for the first time in along time I know what I want. I am so thankful that I am no longer the moose between the fence and highway any more. My coat gets shinier everyday and soon enough I just might grow a few antlers.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Remember the right thing to do isn't the easiest but it will turn out the best! You are awosome:)

Chris Grover said...

Amazing, Julie! Reading your post was really inspiring and with the committment you have, you WILL get there! The hardest things in life and the ones that take the most sacrifice are the ones that are of most worth! You will be (and have been) blessed for your efforts!

Anonymous said...

Julie, I am so proud of you...I know that you are doing the right things and I know that you will be blessed for it. You are a wonderful example to everyone in the family...I love you very much and I have faith that your dreams will come true..

Anonymous said...

Julie, your righteous goals are so worth the price you pay. And we are all much happier when we are doing what we know is right. The spirit blesses and enriches our lives daily. You are one incredible young woman and I am so very proud of you!