Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A few days at Katies

I have been staying at Katie's with her kids since Monday. They were lucky to take a trip to Miami for a week. I have to say that I am totally jealous and that I can't wait until my next vacation. Wow, three kids are a lot of work. If I thought even for a moment that I have my hands full with Ava, I was wrong, I've got it pretty easy. I also had Grant during the day on Monday and today too. I am proud to say that I pulled it off, without too many hitches. Bed times and nights proved interesting, but hey who needs sleep? Bath time was really wet, but everyone had fun and there were no tears. Katie was smart enough to leave me pre-made dinners that I just had to warm up. She knows that cooking is not my specialty. I CAN do it, it just takes work. I even managed to keep up on dishes and the house isn't completely a mess.
I love Cooper and Savannah so much, they are great kids. I am so lucky to have had the past few days to spend one on one time with them. I am so glad that Ava and her cousins are such cute friends. It is so cute to see Cooper and Ava be so excited to wake up together (we all spent the last few hours of the night together, not the most comfortable for me). I am so thankful that Ava has kids to grow up with. I have to admit that I am looking forward to my night alone, with no kids. Ava is going to her Dads until Saturday night, so I am off the hook for a few days. I am definitely getting a pedicure and I am thinking a movie might be fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Savannah and Cooper are pretty lucky to have such a wonderful Auntie!!! When I was there it looked your were doing great. I hope that you get some rest...I love you, and have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

Jewels, I am so glad you and Ava can live by Katie and her family. There is nothing like "cousins" for those little ones. You did a great job taking care of everyone. Can't wait to see you this summer. I really missed you on Mother's Day. It was hard to be away from you and Katie and my grandbabies on that day. You always make me feel special.