Thursday, January 24, 2008

Long Over Due!

I can't believe that it has really been more than two months since my last post!  I can't believe how quickly time flies by.  I have been a busy girl.  My life is in the process of some MAJOR changes and I am feeling really overwhelmed.  I quit my job at Jamba Juice (well my official last day is next week, but I have only been working 1 or 2 days a week ) and started back to college at the University of Utah.  I am officially a Ute! I have been in school for three weeks and I am wondering what I got myself into.  I am definitely out of my element.  College seemed so much easier right out of high school than it does now.  I am not in the learning mode any more and I feel really out of my league.  I am hoping that things start coming back to me, but I am having to spend a lot of time re learning a lot of stuff (ex: math).  I have no clue what APA format is and have to write all my research papers using it ( i used MLA in my writing class at SDSU, not that i would remember it now!).  I am amazed at how quickly I made this decision and just jumped into this new life.  I am so excited for the adventures that are waiting in the future.  I am going to apply to the social work program and get my BSW.  If all goes according to plan I will be a college graduate in May 2011.  Mark your calendars for one big party, cause you know I will be having one!

7 comments:

Carlotta said...

WOW! I have SERIOUS admiration for you. If I didn't have to do generals I would consider it more. I think I am going to sooner then later. It makes me sick to think about it. I was crocheting tonight (yep i am a grandma) and was thinking what if I had to do homework right now! Yicks , I can't even keep my place clean. Partay is right! There needs to be more social workers that have experienced life and aren't just book smart. Those kind drive me CRAZY!!!

heidi said...

Congradulations! Things will start coming back to you and then hopefully things will be easier. I don't envy you being back in school, but it really does pay off in the long run. keep up the good work, we are all routing for you!

Grammy said...

Count me in on the big party! I am SO PROUD of you for doing this. It won't be easy, but you will NEVER regret this decision. Just go do it. You are brilliant, intelligent, talented, smart, and very capabale of being whatever you want to be in this old world of ours. You go girl!

Kori said...

Hang in there! I'm sure it will be a long road but, well worth the travel. The school mode comes back to you so, don't worry. Good luck!

Chris Grover said...

Julie, I am so proud of you for making such a HUGE decision! My guess is that you won't ever regret it! I know how hard it is to go back -- Chris hated it at first -- but before you know it, it will feel like a very routine part of your life! Hang in there and good luck!! And what an awesome career to go into! You'll be great in that!

Nikki said...

Congrats and GOOD LUCK!

Becca's Bologna said...

GO JEWELS! Thats only a year before i graduate high school!