Tuesday, September 13, 2011

30 flirty and thriving!

I have had a lot of mixed emotions about turning 30. But as people keep asking me how it feels to be 30, the answer would be, AWESOME. I am happy, and while there are definitely things I would change about my life, I am working on it. And that feels pretty good :) Honestly it was one of the best birthday's I have EVER had, hands down. Big THANK YOU to my sister Katie for making one of my "dreams" come true. Here is what we did with a little background first:

I have a blog that I LOVE to read. I just feel like being a better person after reading it. It's called Joy for you Journey. About a year ago I read on this blog about spending a 4oth birthday doing 40 acts of service. I loved this idea! I mentioned it to Katie and she remembered and we did it for my birthday. Best day ever! We had so much fun! Here is what we did:
Katie started with helping me dress in my birthday attire:
complete with a button that said "it's my birthday wanna spank me" and Katie made sure plenty of people gave me a good spanking :)

Here is the crew that went:

Started with each of us writing a letter of appreciations to someone.
Then we made a little note with a treat to leave for the mail man:
Next we each wrote a letter of appreciation to someone. That was kind of a tough one cause I suck at card writing. After that we took sodas to all the girls who work at 39th Street Salon. Our friend Torey owns it and it is her I have to thank for turning me back into a "natural blond" every few months ;) Katie made sure she had the opportunity to "spank" me. Torey got out her brush and gave me a good paddle, haha.


After the salon we took cupcakes to two people:

Then we headed to Smith's where we bought 10 balloons and handed them out to kids. That part was really fun!


Then we headed to Costco. We got 4 take and bake pizza's and 3 bouquets of flowers. What's more fun than giving a complete stranger a bouquet of flowers? Before we left we taped envelopes on the vending machines that had $1 in change with a message that said " Hi, I'm Julie. Its my 30th Birthday and I wanted you to have a treat on me". On our way back to the car we helped people put away their groceries and shopping carts. Everyone seemed so surprised that I would be doing something for them on my Birthday. It was so much fun!

On our way to lunch at Kneaders we stopped with cold drinks for a work crew. Katie was almost brave enough to ask them if they wanted to spank me, but thankfully she didn't! I even got a sparkler in my cupcake!
Later that night a few of my friends came to dinner at Ruth's Diner. Love, love, love that place! Such yummy food and outside seating at the summer is awesome!

Wish I would have got a group picture from dinner! Over all, I don't think 30 will be too tough. I actually think it's going to be a darn good year! Bring it on :)

5 comments:

Grammy said...

You are so beautiful! Your smile is radiant. You are in such a great place in your life right now. I am so happy for you! Keep doing what's right - that is where we find joy. Happy 30th to my favorite middle child!

Unknown said...

The only thing you forgot was our "secret" drop off of gifts on someones porch. It was so much fun. I loved it. And- you will rock 30 for sure:) And I love that the construction guy had a "dream" about you bringing him gatorade HA HA

Janessa Couch said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE that idea!!! Sounds like a great way to bring on 30!

The Skinners said...

What a great idea! Helping others is always uplifting! I turned thirty also this year! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Joy For Your Journey said...

It looks like you had such a great time!! How fun. And I am glad the people were nice to you when you offered to put away their shopping carts. We got mixed responses with that one! :-)

I love all the pictures. I think it is great to be able to bring joy into so many people's lives.

And believe me--the thirties are great!! You are going to love them!