Tuesday, October 04, 2011

If you sweat the small stuff, you might miss the big picture.....

Katie and I went to the temple together this morning. I was so happy that she could arrange her schedule to come with me! We made plans to meet in the chaple for the 9:30 session. As I was walking into the temple I had a memory of putting on a black bra this morning. I quickly checked to verify and sure enough, black bra. I panicked for a minute, knowing that I could only wear white in the temple. I didn't want to not show up after Katie had to arrange sitters for her two youngest and beside that I REALLY felt the need to be in the Temple today. So, I decided to just buck up and go with out. I rented an extra slip and got a "baggier" temple dress at the recommendation of the cute lady working this morning. It actually wasn't too obvious, but definitely awkward. We had a few chuckles over my situation through out the session, but it ended up being a really great morning.

As I was thinking about this tonight I realized that it was just one of those times where getting worried and stressing about something really small could have kept me from something important. I spent a little over 2 hours in a public place that highly values modesty with out a bra on, and probably not one person noticed. Its a small thing that I could have let keep me from something I really really needed. And besides that one day when Katie and I are little old ladies we will laugh about it. How could I deny us of another story to laugh our guts out about?

Moral of the story: if you spend too much time sweating the small stuff, you might miss the big picture. Life is too short not to find something to smile about and make you stronger everyday!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE IT! Good job. I am so glad I went with you too. I got a big inspiration that I needed and I loved being there with you. I love you so much.

Kori said...

Great post! Such truth.

Anna said...

Thanks for this, I was laughing thinking what I might do in your situation. Love you!

Janessa Couch said...

Now that is funny. I need to take advantage of having a temple so close to me and go with my sister also. Thanks for the simple reminder also.

Grammy said...

Great story, Jewels! You handled it just right, too! That's my girl!

Kendall & Nichole said...

ohh I really enjoyed this! Thanks!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.