Monday, June 19, 2006

A Few Thoughts



1. I am very happy to say that Ava returned home this morning safe and sound. I could here her yelling mommy as she and Carlos were walking towards me. She gave me a huge hug and said "I miss you!" It made my day. She was very excited to arrive and Katies and dived right into the usual play time. I have posted some cute pictures of Savannah reading "The noisy breakfast" to Ava.

2. I saw a very amusing bumper sticker last week. It read "Are you following Jesus this closley?" It made me laugh a little since while driving early that day someone had been following so closely behinde me it just made me drive slower. I hate it when people drive so close behinde me. Do they really think they are really going to get there faster?

3. Someone came in to work on Friday and ordered a Power Peanut Butter M'ood with a burner boost. Serioulsy, why order a drink with about 1200 calories and then bother with a burner boost? Do they really think it will help? People can be so odd at times.

4. I finishe two books while Ava was away and finally got started on the sixth Harry Potter book. Hopefully it won't take me weeks to read it!

5. And last some wisdon from Maya Angelou that has really made me think today, "I have learned the making a "living" is not the same thing as making a "life". It kinda made me feal better about the way things are going for me right now. I may not be makeing a huge living, but I feel that I doing a good job of making a "life" for myself and Ava.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie, you are doing wonderful...You are making so much progress with your life. You are a wonderful Mother, a terriffic daughter, a great sister, and a super friend. I am very proud of you and love you with all my heart.

Anonymous said...

Jewels, you are amazing! It is really important to be caught up in the living part of life, and not in the getting ahead part. So much precious time can be wasted on things that don't really matter. I'm so glad you have your priorities straight.