Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A Fun Day, and a Good Recipe




We had such a fun day! We went to the fountains at Gateway. Ava had such great day running around and seeing all her cute friends. She wasn't afraid to walk around where the fountains are but wasn't too crazy up them coming up right were she was standing. I just love her hot pink bikini. She just looks so dang cute in it! She was playing a water ball and decided to stick it inside her top. I got a pretty good laugh out of this and I swear I didn't teach her to do it ;) Later this afternoon I decided to make Cookie Monster cookies. They are my favorite homemade cookies, how could they not be with p-nut butter, oatmeal, chocolate chips, and M&M's. They are just too good. Here is the recipe

9 cups quick cooking oatmeal
2 lbs. smooth peanut butter
6 eggs
3 sticks of butter
4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
12 oz. bag of M&M's
1 small bag chocolate chips
1 lb. brown sugar
2 cups granulated sugar

Mix all igredients together. Drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in 375 degree oven for 10 minutes or util golden brown.
I would recommend cutting the recipe in half, cause it seriously make a million cookies!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The cookies you made are not fat right? HA HA- Please get them out of my house before I can't fit out of my house

Tonia said...

Looks like you guys had a fun day!! I agree, Ava is just too darn cute in that pink kini, as my little girl calls hers!! LOL!! Those cookie sound good too! I'll have to make up a batch. When I do, I'll take a picture and post it to my blog with compliments to you!!

~ Hugs
Tonia at Our Fuling Princess
http://ourfulingprincess.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a great day. Remember when we used to make the Cookie Monster Cookies? I got that recipe from my friend Mary Ann Hendricks in Arkansas. I think they are living in Michigan now. Keep the good times coming!

Chris Grover said...

Mmm, I am definitely going to have to try that recipe! Looks like a good treat! Love Ava's little swimsuit too!

Tonia said...

Hi Julie --

Just wanted to let you know that my daughter and I made the Cookie Monster Cookies this morning!! They are SOooo delicious!!! Check out our blog!

~Hugs
Tonia
http://ourfulingprincess.blogspot.com/