Thursday, July 10, 2008

Girls Camp!

I have not been a blog slacker on purpose! I went to girls camp last week!  It was so much fun and I feel so lucky to have been able to go (thanks to Katie watching Ava).  The theme was H.E.A.R.T.S for hear the Savoir.  Everything was amazing.  It was stake girls camp so we went to Piuta.  Each ward had there own them to go with the HEARTS theme and we were the Cardia Crew.  Our camp director did an AWESOME job.  We all had matching scrubs that we wore up there the first day. We had badges with our pictures on them, our own Dr. name (mine was Dr. Jules, original, right?), we could write prescription for people and take them to a pharmacy to be filled (with candy of course, the best medicine) and IV's hanging by our beds!  It was so nice to just get away from the hustle and bustle of the world for a few days and grow closer to the cute girls, the leaders and of course to my Heavenly Father.  Every morning there was early morning seminary and the lessons were amazing.  They were all on the parable of the ten virgins and how we need to be prepared and make sure that we have enough oil in our lamps.  The last night some of the youth leaders did an amazing program about the parable and each sang beautiful songs.  It was definitely a testimony growing experience.  I managed to sleep to most of the party that took place all night every night and even got a nap in everyday!  And of course the best part was the camp fire every night and toasting marsh mellows.  I have been craving that little treat for quite some time now!  Yes, I was a complete slacker and didn't take any pictures worth posting :(  All though it was nice to get home it was even nicer to get home!
This was my favorite spiritual thought from camp
Therefor look gently on men
And even more gently on women.
Do not condemn them.
Above all consider not merely what they have done, 
but why.
God alone has the power to look into the human heart,
to judge actions and motives and regrets.
He alone knows not only what one has done and why,
But what one has resisted doing and why-
Man's responsibility is to forgive: only God has
the authority to judge.
-Robert Burns

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you got to go! It sounds really fun. I love that quote. Those girls are lucky to have you.

Tori said...

Girls camp sounded like a blast! I am sure the girls just love you and look up to you!! You are so much fun, glad you had a good time!

Janessa Couch said...

Our girls camp theme was also on the parable of the Ten Virgins. Our theme was GOT OIL. Girls camp is always a blast and I am so glad that you were able to go. It is such a fun time to get to know the girls in a one on one atmosphere. I will truly miss being able to go to camp next year since I am no longer in Young Womens. :(

mandy said...

I love that quote. I also love the ten virgins. It is such a neat parable.

Grammy said...

You know I love girl's camp! Hopefully, I'll get to go next summer... I am so glad you are involved in the YW program. You are an amazing example to the YW in your ward. Love the quote at the end. It is really true, and it is nice to know that God knows the "why" in some of the things we do! Sometimes only he can understand...

Chris Grover said...

sounds like so much fun! i bet your girls were sooo happy to have you there with them! i love that quote -- it's GREAT!

Patty said...

That is an awesome quote and so very true!
Your camp sounds like it was wonderful. Hopefully you have gotten some great sleep since you have been home.
Our youth and Linda came home on Saturday. Our theme was B.O.O.T. (Build Our Own Testimonies) I met our YW as they got off the bus and they were so energized! Usually they are all drained. I think they were renew and refreshed spiritually and mentally.

Tori said...

Hey remember when we went to Arizona and you had us listen to a girl on your ipod? I am in the mood for some new music and I couldn't remember her name...Thanks!