Sunday, June 29, 2008

My Cute Grandpa!


This is me with my cute Grandpa Harris after the temple last week end.  He holds a very special place in my heart.  He has always been so good to me.  I remember when I was a little girl having sleep overs with my cousins and he would always to fee fi fo fum from jack in the bean stock and make us giggle uncontrollably.  He used to jump rope and do the coolest tricks!  I lived with my Grandpa for six months after Ava was born.  We were both going through very difficult times.  My Grandma died a month before Ava was born and he was so heart broken.  We both needed the companionship of another.  We had some good cries and some good laughs together. I will always be so thankful to him for opening his home and his heart to me and more than anything for helping me to start on the road to finding happiness again.  Love you Grandpa!

8 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

There is nothing like a Grandpa. They are so wonderful to talk to and share stories with. All of my Grandparents have died so I truly cherish all of my memories that I have with them. It would be fun to watch him on the jumprope.

Unknown said...

great post. I love grandpa so much too and have some of the same great memories. He is truly an amazing person.

Nikki said...

I love grandpa too! Also, I am wearing the same dress you are right now. Great minds must think and shop alike.

Grammy said...

I am so glad that you and Grandpa had that special time together to learn to appreciate and love each other. He is a noteworthy patriarch in our family, and I love him, too! He was a really great dad.

The Skinners said...

Grandpa Harris is one of my favortie people. Im so proud of you for going through the temple also... I bet it was neat to have your grandpa by your side!

heidi said...

We really do have such an amazing grandpa! I really wish i lived closer and go to see him more often.

Janet said...

Grandpa really loves you Julie as does everyone in the family.

Patty said...

What a very, very special grandpa. No wonder he has such special children and grandchildren.
That is so wonderful that you were both able to bless the other ones life at such a rough time.
Julie you are special.
I bet that was an awesome day in the temple.