Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter 2009

I just have to start by saying that I loved Easter this year! Ava was so excited this year. She had approximately five million questions about the Easter bunny most of which I just had to say "I really don't know sweetheart". She seemed content enough with that. It was interesting to think about all the random questions she was coming up with. Sharon and Brad came over for breakfast before church and then we went to Katie and Ryan's for a delicious Easter dinner. The kids had a blast coloring eggs on Saturday and had even more fun taking turns hiding them in the yard. The weather was beautiful! I feel so blessed to have so much and so many people to love and share this life with. Holidays are sometimes hard for me being alone with my girl. But this one was the easiest so far. There was a moment when she was unloading her basket so excitedly when I thought "I will be the only one to remember this moment," my heart hurt for a moment and then it was done. When she saw the purple peeps in her basket she said "oh look Mom sparkly purple birds I can eat!" It was so cute and gave me a good laugh. I love being Ava's Mom and creating these memories with her. She is an angel and my best friend!










6 comments:

Unknown said...

The kids did have fun hiding the eggs over and over- and I'm glad they broke them all so we could just throw them away HA- we love you guys and are so glad we got to share the fun day with you. YOU are a GOOD mama:)

Grammy said...

I love all the pictures! She is so darling and I think her comment about edible sparkly purple birds is hilarious! You are so beautiful, Jewels. And remember - you are NEVER alone! You are doing a great job creating memories for your daughter. When she is older and has her own children, then she will know what you did for her. It will come full circle, and it is so worth it.

The Skinners said...

Looks like a HAPPY EASTER! Ava is so cute! I love the new flip flops too.

Sharon said...

It was so much fun to see how excited Ava was about everything she got for Easter. I think she actually showed more excitement than at Christmas. Nice job Julie! You are a great mom.

Kori said...

Looks like you had a lovely Easter, too! Ava's dress is darling. She is looking so grown up!

Chris Grover said...

sparkly purple birds i can eat! that is too funny! her dress is adorable! and it looks like the kids had a great time with the egg hunt! you look beautiful, too, jules!