Saturday, April 25, 2009

Say That You'll Stay Forever This Way.......

I my how I love this girl!  She is so beautiful, spunky, smart and basically fabulous.  I love every thing about her. An update on all her cuteness is LONG over due.  Ava's personality is blossoming with every passing day and I am always in awe of her. Just a few things that she is up to these days:
Ava is still very into her "crafts".  She will seriously entertain herself for hours drawing pictures, cutting, pasting, stapling,  and trying to write words.  She will ask me "Mom how do you spell.....?"  Then instead of trying to spell full on sentences I will just write it on a separate paper and she does her best to copy.  She is actually pretty good at it too!  Here she is drawing cereal one morning......
She still loves to sing, but will sing the same part of song over and over again!  She changes her voice to match songs too and it seriously cracks me up!  Next time you see her ask her to sing I like it I love it and you will not be disappointed!  A few of her favorite songs right now are Mamma Mia, Poker Face, Love Song, and So What.  I love to watch her sing and dance, it is a daily part of my entertainment!  Here she is with my Dad after entertaining all the people in his office with her singing and story telling.....

Sharon promised Ava a day of kite flying in Midway at her condo and boy was she a treat that day!  We bough a Barbie kite at Wal Mart and for the most part she had a great time flying it.  She didn't want it to be too high in the sky and was worried that she would float off with it.  My favorite part of kite flying with Ava was right when she got her hands on the handle she took off running, even though the kite was all ready in the sky. It was awesome and I was so sad that I didn't catch it on video.  Here are her and Sharon flying the kite......



Ava is also sleeping in her very own bed! This is an accomplishment for both of us......


She has also gotten really good at doing puzzles all by herself. Some times she gets stuck and all I have to do is remind her to match up the colors or to remember and start with edges. She is always very proud when she finally gets it all put together......

She never ceases to amaze me! Everyday I thank my lucky stars for the gift she has been to my life. Life is so busy and I know that this phase of our life won't last for long. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was anticipating seeing her face and now she is here and growing up so fast!

6 comments:

Kori said...

Ava is a darling girl. I love to listen to her talk when I get to see her...she always has so much to say! It's crazy to think how little she was when we were trading babysitting. She and Grant were such cute little buddies!

Sharon said...

We love her so much! We are so happy that she is a part of our lives. Yesterday she told me she wanted to "play with those toys that are like Tinker Bell" Translated, that means "Tinker Toys". Glad we got that figured out. Love you both!

Becca's Bologna said...

I love her!! she is so cute and special to me. I love everything about her personality. She is so amazing!! give her a squeeze for me!! i miss you guys!

britt said...

she is just so darn cute and truly reminds me so much of Ame, just a few years back! So many of the things she is interested in are still interests of Ame's, and are even things that kaipo is starting to enjoy as well!
The "poker face" song is also a favorite song of my kids too :)

Grammy said...

What a sweet post! Remember all these cute things about her the next time you are frustrated with her...
Wish I could fly kites with her. You KNOW I love doing that! Give her a squeeze from her Grammy.

Heidi Sue said...

She is getting so big! Cute pictures. I can't belive how much she has changed.