Saturday, December 05, 2009

Tis' the Season......

Ava and Santa Clause. Isn't that giant smile priceless?
You are never too old to believe in Santa. I love Ava's big smile in this one too!
And just for kicks...... Four years makes a pretty big difference! Ava definitely didn't smile at all the first time she sat on Santa's lap :)
I can't believe it is Christmas already! It seemed to take forever to come around when I was growing up, but I feel like all I did was blink. I love this time of year and the excuse it gives me to reflect on what is most important in my life. I love getting together with friends and family. I love the smells that come with Christmas and the FOOD and TREATS I get to eat. I love the music that comes with Christmas and I love hearing Ava sing her version of Christmas music. I love the memories I have from my childhood during this time of the year. I can only hope to create that magical feeling that is most prominent during the Christmas season. I hope to be able to teach her the TRUE meaning of Christmas and help her learn how to identify the special feeling she will feel in her heart by sharing the true meaning of Christmas with others.
Last night Ava and I ventured out with the Robinson crew to visit Santa, or the fat man, as Katie calls him. It was so much fun! I love seeing the kids eyes sparkle when they see Santa and get to talk to him for just a few short minutes. I even sat on his lap this year! Savannah looked over and said "Julie's sitting on Santa's lap!" It was pretty cute. Ava asked for a scooter. This is much better than the tiny tiny reindeer she asked for last year.

4 comments:

Anna said...

I love your curly hair!!! I think it's adorable.

Unknown said...

Yeah- that tiny reindeer request was something else!

Janessa Couch said...

Where did she get the reindeer request from? That is funny. Love the crying santa picture. I guess we teach our kids not to go to strangers, then we go and sit them on their lap. Very cute and I too love your hair.

The Skinners said...

love your hair curly.... so cute!