Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Easter festivities.....

Ava is heading to Cali on Thursday to spend Easter there with her Dad and sisters, so we had some fun on Saturday. Easter egg hunt with Katie and cousins, then coloring eggs (an interesting experience for sure), Ryan humored the kids and hid the eggs once and then they were on their own, and of course I made some yummy treats. I didn't get my mojo for sugar cookies so we settled for chocolate dipped rice krispy treats. Less work and I didn't feel like my figure could take on a weekend of sugar cookies right now. I was beat last night, but I have to remember that even though days like that wear me out they are limited and that one day I will definitely miss it! Pictures are in no order because I was lazy, I can admit it.....

Ava's eggs...
I love this, she had sooooo much fun! Oh to be 5 again
Sista's.... I could not survive without mine! I needed some laughs desperately and we definitely had a few this weekend
works of art in progress
I even made one. Luka needed some help ;)
Me and my not so little baby
Checking out the goods
I got to help Luka while Katie was in charge of pictures. Have I ever mentioned just how much I love this little guy? Well, I do. He even gave me real kisses this weekend (he gives very limited kisses, it makes them extra special)
Getting ready for the hunt!

Well, that is the weekend recap. I am feeling a little blue tonight...... My last spring break is over. I don't feel ready to get back to life tomorrow. I have kind of a lot to do to wrap up the semester, and then there is the looming fact that I have to actually look for a job if I want one. I have been in denial and it is time to snap out of it, and get my booty in gear and make something happen. I know I can do it, but I am not feeling very inspired about much right now as far as a career is concerned. I just want to keep being the Mom. We went to meet Sharon's grandsons tonight. They are precious. There is nothing sweeter than a newborn baby. I loved holding them, but it made my heartache. Oh, the bitter sweetness of life.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad we have you two to do all these fun things with-

The Skinners said...

How fun! Looks like a good early Easter celebration.

Grammy said...

I miss that stuff. No little kids, no egg coloring, no jelly beans, no peeps. Booo!