Tuesday, March 02, 2010

FREEBIES!

This is all the free stuff that made its way back to my house in the past month........
Isn't it awesome? I had several goals I wanted to accomplish in 2010 and found it easier to combine several into one big one: WASTE LESS (time, money, food, energy, etc....). I started following some money saving blogs (you can find two of them here and here) and trying to catch on to the whole coupon game thing, and this was my result. Lots of free stuff, and this is just the stuff I brought home free, not including other items that I got kick butt prices on.
Pictured above:
8 bars Olay soap = 5.50
3 Olay body washes = 16.50
1 Olay body lotion = 8.24
1 bottle Herbel Essence hairspray = 2.99
1 bottle Cover Girl foundation = 7.48
1 bottle Windex = 3.24
8 light bulbs = 4.00
4 boxes Kellogs cereal = 10.00
1 bottle Tide Stain Release = 6.99
2 bottles Listerine Smart Rinse = 8.98
1 travel size Degree deoderant = .97
1 bottle Excedrine = 5.99
1 bottle Vaseline Intensive Care gel = 4.49
3 bags cocunut M&M's = 1.50
2 Glad candles = 5.00
2 packages Oreo cookies = 6.38
2 gallons Milk = 4.00
2 Old Navy tanks tops = 4.98
2 pairs Old Navy flip flops = 5.00
1 10 dollar smiths card = 10.00
1 Digiorno pizza = 2.50

Grand Total of: $122.23

In addition to these savings I have also accumulated $70 in Target gift cards. If you haven't started hitting up the $5 Target card sales, you should. I think I am going to save up through out the year and use the card for Christmas $$$$. Some of the groceries I used my Smith rewards to get free but had some good coupons so it stretched the money a little further. I had mail in rebates for some of the stuff, coupons that were just for out right free products, and some that were buy one item get another item free. The Old Navy stuff was free with a coupon I had for making previous purchases with an Old Navy credit card and then finding some clearance sales to stretch the money further.
Some of the stuff I would have never bought due to higher prices, but with coupons and sales they were free, so why not?
(Becca: those oreos are for your eating enjoyment this weekend :))

5 comments:

Unknown said...

good job. you can take over my shopping

Grammy said...

Wow! You are amazing. You need to teach me these shopping skills. I would love to get free stuff and save money.

Anna said...

Teach me o master....

Sharon said...

That is amazing!!! You are the master of shoppers.

Allan and Diane said...

Hey soooo good to see you and Ava an Becca at the game. Sorry we couldn't get out to some quiet for a good chat.