Sunday, June 06, 2010

No girls allowed....

I finally decided that today would be the prefect day to get my house into some kind of "order". The chair was piled high with laundry so I put all of Ava's stuff into a laundry basket, took it into her room, and asked her to put it away. You would have thought I told her to wash and fold it all on her own too with the reaction I got. I didn't even have words to fight her with so I just walked away hoping that she would have her fit, get over it, and put away the darn clothes! A few minutes later it gets quiet and then I hear her door slam shut. I walk back to see what is going on and notice a sign on her door that says "no girls allowed". Seriously? So funny! A more accurate request might have been no Mom's allowed, but I did give her the space she requested and went about my chores chuckling the whole time. Oh, that girl of mine!
Adam and I had plans to go to a Bee's game tonight. I was unable to find a sitter for Ava so we were going to take her along. But that girl was in a mood all day and when she had a fit about something after dinner I was done and canceled those plans. Adam got to to see the "fun" side of Ava for awhile tonight. It was super great! (Insert sarcastic tone here) So we decided to go for a drive up the mountain and ended up having a really fun time. It was so beautiful!

And for the scoop and this cute boy...... What to say? We met 3ish weeks ago and lets just say things are going good. We have fun together. He's the cupcake and the frosting :) I will definitely keep you all posted with how things are going :)

5 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

Ok, he is very cute! I hope that things go well together. It is important that he sees how life really is and that sometimes plans change due to the kids, and it is wonderful that he went right along with it. Her sign is priceless.

Krista and Aaron said...

How fun! For sure keep us updated. Feel free to send Ava my way for FREE babysitting anytime :)

Grammy said...

Ava is hilarious. I love the sign. You have quite a girl, there. Reminds me someone I know...

Unknown said...

HA HA HA- I love that! Did she ever realize what she wrote:) We had fun with Adam- Cooper is in love!

Jenny said...

I thought he was great. Enjoy the love. You deserve it.