Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Yesterday.....

Ava got to hang out at Sharon's while I took Becca to the airport. Sharon is always so great at entertaining Ava and playing with her. I love this! They sent me these pictures while I was at the airport. Ava was very impressed with the "huge" bubbles she was making.



Yesterday was also Ava's last preschool graduation (she has had 3). I took some pictures but they were not turning out at all. My camera did not like the lighting in the room and would not cooperate with me. I can't believe Ava is starting Kindergarten in August. I am excited and terrified for her all at the same time. Her teacher Miss Gail talks a little about each child as she puts there graduation caps on. I couldn't help but chuckle when she commented that Ava had been coming to preschool for 3 years and had been ready for Kindergarten for all 3 of those years. She also said that Ava had made a great assistant the last year because she was such an expert in all covered subject. I have seen Ava grow and improve in her writing skills so much over just the past 6 months. She can now write all her numbers, only struggling with the number 2. She can write all the letters in the alphabet from memory with only small prompts from me. She can also spell a ton of peoples names from memory. I am a proud Mama and so excited to help her along her learning journey. I am also looking forward to having another reader in the house!

I also discovered a new favorite. Chocolate cupcakes with blueberry frosting. Can I say delicious? Seriously so yummy! Becca thought she was pretty funny and took some less than flattering pictures of me while I devoured it...... This was the least ugly one.....

6 comments:

Sharon said...

We had so much fun with the bubbles. I could not stop laughing! Ava is an amazing 5 year old. You have done a great job Julie.

Unknown said...

I want me some cup cakes- AVA will be great in Kindergarten. I can't wait to hear her stories.

Chris Grover said...

ooooh, now that sounds like a good cupcake! it is pretty unbelievable that ava is going to kindergarten! she will love it and will be so ready for it!

Anna said...

Do you make these cupcakes??? Pregnant lady wants.... :)

Becca's Bologna said...

love those pictures of Ava. those were fun to look at in the airport. And i definitely miss you and cant wait to come visit you again! I look at that one picture i took of you every once and a while and just laugh :)

Grammy said...

So... are we having those tasty cupcakes when I get there? We can have them for my birthday! Yes!I love Ava's personality. She is quite the kid. Can't wait to see you both!