Saturday, July 24, 2010

In one short month....

Can you believe that my baby is going to start Kindergarten in just one month? Neither can I, and even worse is that she will be turning SIX in November. Where has the time gone? I have a lot of mixed emotions about my girl starting school, and I am sure that all of you mothers who have gone through this can relate. I know she is ready and that she is going to be a super student and have the best time at school, but I don't feel ready to just send her out into the world yet. But, I guess it must be done.
Here are some things that I want to remember about Ava at this age:

She always wants to be doing something. Every morning she wakes up and asks me what we are going to do.

She loves to play with her cousins and her friend Cassidy. I took these cute girls to see Ramona and Beezus. It was a great movie, highly recommend it.
She is really good at writing all her letters and has a lot of words memorized. I spend a lot of time telling her how to spell things. Lately she has been taking pictures off of the poster we made of her for preschool and pasting them in cards for people. So cute!

She loves to wear my high heels when she plays. I remember doing this with my Mom's shoes, so it is fun to see her do it, even though I am scared she is going to fall and get hurt :)
She always has to put her dolls to sleep before she can go to sleep. Cute and annoying (?) at the same time :)

After spending a week in Corcoran with her Grandma and Grandpa she is finally brave enough to try some moves in the pool with a life jacket. This is a huge improvement. Last year was like pulling teeth to get her in the water for swim lessons.

She loves babies and is so cute with them. She tries to carry around Cannon but he is half her size, so it stresses me out!

She still loves cuddles from her Mom and loves to cuddle on the couch in the mornings and watch cartoons. I am really going to miss this one :(

She still asks me about a million questions everyday :) I hope her teacher is good with questions, and has LOTS of patience

4 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

My baby will be in kindergarten this year and I really think that I will cry. We can do this together. :)

Kori said...

I totally spaced the fact that Grant and Ava will be in the same grade! Obviously, Grant will be one of the youngest and Ava will be one of the oldest but, none the less, they'll be starting kindergarten together. Crazy! I'm glad I had Grant in pre-school last year as a little prep for having to send him to public school this year cause it is rather scary. I know he's going to love it and be perfectly fine...I'm a little anxious for a break from his bussyness, too, but I'm sure I'll shed a few tears the first day of school. I get rather choked up just thinking about it! Exciting times are ahead...

Heidi Sue said...

WOW! 6!! I can't believe it. She is so big. What a beautiful young lady. My dad still asks about her. Do you see AVA? I say yep, when we drive up the street. She is a sweet little girl. She is going to have a blast in Kindergarten.

Grammy said...

Oh, my Ava! She is getting tall. I bet her teacher will love her so much! I love her questions and talk. She can really carry on quite a conversation for a 5-year-old!