Thursday, November 09, 2006

Happy Birthday, Early!





Ava's second birthday is next friday on the 17th, but she will be celebrating at her Dad's this year, so we are celebrating together today. I can't believe that it has been two years all ready!!! Time sure does fly by. Ava was born on a Wednesday morning after 22 hours of labor. I have never seen a baby with such a cone head, but she was still beautiful. I remember when the nurse brought her in later that morning after I had gotten some rest being timid to unwrap her, and then when I finally did I saw these beautiful little dainty fingers. She has the pretties long fingers! I fell in love with instantly. I think that the only love that is at first sight is between parents and their children. She was a great baby and is turning out to be a good toddler too! She is really into coloring, having her finger and toenails painted, books, her babies, necklaces and bracelets, and putting on lipstick. I could have never imagined that she would make my life so wonderful. I am so lucky to have her and I thank the heavens for her everyday!

2 comments:

Grammy said...

Julie, I can't believe our little angel is already two! She has brought so much joy to all of us that have the privilege of knowing and loving her. You are such a great mom to her and I am so glad that you are wise enough to enjoy every little thing she learns and does. The time flies by too quickly. Just look at you - no longer my little "Boo-Gee". You were always such a happy baby and toddler. Thanks for bringing so much joy to my life by just being you!

Carlotta said...

That's crazy!! Time does fly Alyson will be 6 in feb.!! Scary. It is amazing how awesome parenting can be , espcially when you take then time to enjoy the "little" things that can just pass by you and not even be noticed. Those are the MOST precious memories. I have realized the past 5 yrs that being a single parent is the hardest thing I have ever done but at the same time I think it has given me the chance to enjoy things that maybe I personally wouldn't if I had the other half around to be "distracte" by. My relationship with my other children that I will have someday will be SO different; interesting to see. Keep it up!! Your doing great, seriously. I'm amazed and admire some of the things you do as a singlemom that I could NEVER EVER do!!! For reals. take care.
carly