Friday, November 17, 2006

My Wish

All right I now that this may be a little over the top but their is a popular song out right now by Rascal Flats called My Wish and I love it. It is so right on the money for the way we want things to work out in life for our children, friends, family and even ourselves. As today is Ava's birthday I wanted to share the lyrics because they express all most perfectly what My Wish is for her!

I hope the days come easy and the moments pass slow,
and each road leads you where you want to go,
and if your faced with a choice and you have to choose,
I hope you choose the one that means the most to you.
And if one door opens to another door closed,
I hope you keep on walkin' till you find the window,
And if its cold outside show the world the warmth of you smile

(chorus)
But more than anything, more than anything,
my wish for you is that this life becomes all the you want it to,
that your dreams stay big, your worries stay small, that you never
need to carry more than you can hold, and while your out there getting where your getting to, I hope you know that somebody loves you, and wants the same things to,
yeah this, is my wish

I hope you never look back, but you never look back,
all the ones who love you, and the place you left,
I hope you all ways forgive, and you never regret,
and you help somebody every chance you get,
oh, you finds Gods grace in every mistake,
and you always give more than you take

(chorus)

I know this might be a little silly, but for some reason this song seems to move me, I really love!

2 comments:

Grammy said...

Julie, that is such a beautiful song. Now that you're a mom, you know how much a mother wants everything good for her children - that they may truly find joy in the beauty of life, and that they learn about the love of the Savior. You are such a beautiful and contemplative woman. Thanks for sharing.

Carlotta said...

Very good song. I love Rascal Rlats. I have a song on my blog from Reba that just opened up the flood gates when I heard it. I totally is how I feel about being a mom. Listen to it. I think you will like it too. Take care. She is too cute and you are doing a wonderful job.