Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Just some simple inspiration......

I found this quote from President Monson

“The sweetest experience I know in life is to feel a prompting and act upon it and later find out that it was the fulfillment of someone’s prayer or someone’s need. And I always want the Lord to know that if He needs an errand run, Tom Monson will run that errand for Him.”
–President Monson, “A Brand New Year”

This it really struck me because it kind of tied into what we talked about in my institute class today. We learned about how the Lord always has a plan, a purpose and a back up plan. For each of us personally as well as for the church. We discussed how sometimes we get an impression or an answer to prayer and we are not quite sure of the reasons behind them. My teacher asked if we had ever had any thing like this happen in our own lives. The best example I could think of in my own life was the promptings I had to move to Utah after Ava was born. In the months before she was born I had many experiences that pointed my heart in this direction. I was feeling obstinate and didn't want to move or make many necessary changes in my life. I wanted to prove that I could make my life work and still live in Long Beach. As you can see I gave in to all the pushing and submitted to what I can now see as the will of the Lord. Looking back I can see all the miracles and blessing that I have received because of this choice in my life. I have been so blessed to be walking the shoes I am walking in now. Going back to school has been such a blessing for me and for Ava. I can see that it has not only been for me to gain my education but to gain spiritual knowledge as well. It has taught me that some times in life we have to take that huge leap of faith and that in return the Lord will bless us. He will bless us beyond what we can even imagine. I am trying to hang on to this faith right now with all my might. Sometimes we don't always get the answers we want, and have to remember that there is a plan for each of us individually if we will just be patient enough to let it work. It is my hope that when I am asked to "run His errand" that I will be ready and willing to do so! Life truly is a blessing, thank you to all who have "run the errand" on my behalf!

5 comments:

britt said...

you are such a strong, amazing woman. I admire you!

Janessa Couch said...

I have never heard that quote before but I absolutely love it. Thanks for sharing it and your thoughts. As Brittney said, you are an amazing woman with a lot going for you. You will make a guy very proud to call his wife one day!!!!!!!!

heidi said...

I love that quote, it fits president monson very well!

The Skinners said...

Thanks for some great inspiration! You are the best.

Grammy said...

Jewels, you are a pillar of strength. I admire your spunk, and your desire to do what is right. Even in the face of opposition and when it is hard. Because I know of some of your behind-the-scenes tribulations, I am especially proud of you and what you are doing. Hang in there. You will never regret holding fast to your faith. I love you so much!