Sunday, January 11, 2009

Let the Fun Begin!

Today I am feeling just a little anxious. I start school again tomorrow and life is about to get pretty crazy. I added a class last week so I will now have 19 units. I have been trying to decide wether or not to add the last class for about a month and finally decided to just do it. I sat down one afternoon and figured that after this semester I will only have 5 or 6 classes to complete after this semester which means that in December 2009 I will be a college graduate! That will make these next four crazy months all worth it. I am very blessed to not have to work right now, so I am just going to give school all my attention and make it work. I am feeling a little self doubt right now but I know that once I get the kinks worked out of my schedule everything will work out, But I will be one BUSY lady! My goal is to get more A's than B's this semester.

Here is what is on my schedule for the next semester:

Forgiveness and Anger Reduction
This class is online and all the course material is all ready posted. It is going to be pretty intense! Lots of reading and weekly writing assignments, group discussions and I get to teach a class at the end of the semester about letting going of grudges and forgiveness. I have to find my own group to do the class with so if anyone is interested let me know! I would really appreciate volunteers and I promise to not bore you to death :)

Childhood and Adolescent development
This class is on Wednesday nights at the Bountiful campus. I am really looking forward to this one! It should be really interesting. I am lucky enough to have Megan watch Ava while I attend this class.

Intro to Data Analysis
This is just a 1 unit online class. The class material is posted and it looks pretty doable. I will have weekly assignments due and the most daunting part of this class is I have to figure out how to instal the program needed onto my computer. The program is not Mac compatible but there are instructions to get around that and I am not looking forward to figuring it all out because I am really computer dumb!

Research Methods
This class is a requirement for a major in Sociology. My academic counselor said that it is pretty writing intensive, which I am honestly not looking forward to!

Political Sociology
This one should be interesting. I have the same professor that I had for my social structure class last semester. The down side to that is I missed an A by one point on every single exam! Hopefully that will not be the case again this semester.

Criminology
Should be interesting!

Women and Crime
I probably wouldn't have picked this one on my own, but my academic counselor said that the teacher was really good and that everyone who takes the class loves it. The text books look pretty interesting so I am actually looking forward to this one.


It is a pretty full load especially considering everything in my life besides school. Ava, running a half marathon in April, an institute class, counseling, my church calling.......... See why I am feeling just a little bit of anxiety! Wish me luck!!! I will keep you all posted with how things are going :)

7 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

Wow, you are a busy woman. What are you graduating in? Sounds like you will be a psychologist due to your classes. Not sure. Good luck with the next couple of months, but it will all be worth it in the end.

Allan and Diane said...

Hey Julie--you are one busy and ambitious lady! We are so proud of your determination to get your degree and improve your ability to take care of your little familly. The end is neigh!! YIPEE

Chris Grover said...

i have to say that all of your classes look so interesting! it kinda makes me miss school a little bit! except for the methods class -- i hated mine, but hopefully yours will be better! i'm so proud of you and excited for how quickly you are getting this accomplished! you will be done in no time! good luck!

Grammy said...

Jewels, I know you can do this! You have just what it takes. Make sure you still spend time with Ava. She needs that. Keep up the good work! I am so proud of you for going to school. I hope you can enjoy this semester, even though it will be much work.

heidi said...

Is it sad if I say that I am a little jelous? Part of me misses being in school studing and learning constantly. You can keep the stress, but give me the knowlege.

The Skinners said...

Wow you will be busy, but it will be worth it!!! Good luck

Kori said...

Good luck Jewels! 21 credits was my biggest semester load and I didn't have kids on top of it! Let's get together and do something relaxing while the kids play, when you have the time and are due for a little break!