Tuesday, May 19, 2009

CHER! CHER! CHER!


This weekend was so much fun!!!! I went to Vegas to see Cher.  This may seem a little strange to some, but seriously I LOVE CHER!!!!  Everything about her, her music, her sass, her crazy half way naked clothes and even crazier wigs.  I just love it.  She is the definition of Diva, at least in my book.  I was planning to do Vegas in style all by myself, but I was lucky enough to have Sharon join me!  We had so much fun.  My Dad put us up in an awesome suite at the Venetian, nicest hotel room I have ever stayed in!  We ate yummy food, played a little Roulette, ate more food, laid by the pool, watched a really good movie (I think it was called 12 Rounds, you should see it, it was a good flick), shopped, and of course saw Cher!!!!!!  All I can say is that it did not disappoint!  She came down from the very top of the Colosseum decked out in sparkly, shiny, gold, spectacular gaudiness from head to toe!  I loved it!  Her show was none stop and she wore a different out fit for every single song.  My words could never do it justice, really.  This may sound dramatic, but it was really a dream come true for me to see Cher.  Years ago when she did her "last show"  I was so sad that I would never get to see her, so when I heard she was in Vegas I just had to go.  Did I mention that I loved it?!?!?!


As we were walking through the airport to come home last night I kept doing my version of the skip walk Cher did at the concert, and I seriously do it just as good as she does, Sharon was busting up! She said "I have been waiting for Julie to come to Vegas all weekend, and now she shows up right when we were leaving!" It was pretty funny. I guess I was being a little quieter than my usual self. But it was so great to get away from "life" for a few days. And did I mention that I LOVE CHER?!?!?!

7 comments:

Sharon said...

I have to admit - Cher was not on the top of my list of "must see" concerts but I was very pleasantly surprised at how good it was! Thanks for having me along. I had such a great time!

Unknown said...

I am so glad you had so much fun! Its inspiring and uplifting! We must do something so crazy & obnoxiously exciting as Cher, though I'm not sure much will compete with that! :)

Grammy said...

Sounds like you had a blast! I love going to live concerts. Way to go! And I like Cher, too. I think she has a very cool voice. I am fascinated with all the plastic surgery, costumes, wigs, etc. She is quite a gal!

Tori said...

Love the pictures! Sounds like fun, you deserve it after all the school you just got done with!

Janessa Couch said...

What a well deserved vacation for you! So glad that you had fun. I heard that the rooms at the Venetion are amazing. So glad that you enjoyed the concert also.

Jamie and Family said...

Sounds so fun!

I have to say, I have such vivid memories of coming to your house for lunch (during school) at Westport and me and Katie would blast "Jesse James" by Cher.

Tricia said...

I am so glad you went! One day we will go together and rock on Cher together! Can't wait!!