Friday, November 13, 2009

My faith has been increased...... yet again.

I had a scary moment tonight. The kind that made my heart stop beating for a minute. In my house I have a a fairly large shelf that hangs on the wall and then below it is the table I have with my TV on it. It is a good sized table and in the last few weeks Ava has developed the obsession with climbing on top of it and turning on the spot lights inside the shelf. I have told her time and time again NOT TO CLIMB UP THERE! Well this evening I was sitting in the kitchen working on an assignment for school and heard several large crashes in the next room. I ran in there to find Ava buried under the shelf and my TV. She had climbed up to turn on those stupid lights again and some how managed to pull all of it down on top of her. I was expecting the worst as I started pulling it off of her, but to my complete amazement she didn't have a scratch on her. Not a single injury. She was shaken up to say the least. Even more to my amazement nothing was broken. The table my TV lives on took a few bumps and scratches and my DVD player has a big dent in the top of it, but that's all. I am so thankful nothing worse happened. We truly have angels watching over us!
To give you an idea of the size of the shelf here is a picture of it, it doesn't quite have the whole thing in it, but you can get the idea.

4 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

When you wrote about it on facebook that is the first thing that I thought of, a shelf and Ava under it. My kids have all done that and somehow my HUGE bookshelf has been caught like with a table that happens to be in the right place. It is so frustrating when they do not listen to you but thankfully this lesson came without a scratch and hopefully the lesson is learned and she won't try it again. Very scary. Cute shelf by the way.

Unknown said...

Seriously- those moments where you are so scared your child is hurt and once you see there not you WANT to hurt them.

Anna said...

Oh my gosh, how freaky. I know how heavy that shelf is!!!

Grammy said...

Agree with Katie . . . once you know they are okay, you want to issue a spanking! So glad she is okay. What a little stinker! Tell her that Grammy loves her.