Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Ground Hog Day and Taco Sandwiches

Funny story. Last year on ground hog day Ava got in the car very excited about a puppet she had made at preschool that day and even more excited to tell me the story about the puppet. She went on to tell me that her puppet was a "bear hog" and how he comes out to see if he can see his shadow and well you all know the ground hog thing. I could not stop laughing because she went on and on about "bear hogs" and was just so excited. I tried a few times to correct her, but she just couldn't get it straight. It was a crack up! For some reason I remembered this in the shower this morning. I can't wait to see if she comes home today talking about ground hogs or if they will remain "bear hogs" for one more year. And if you must know I am secretly hoping for the "bear hog" story to be the one she tells me.
As far as the taco sandwich part of the story..... Yesterday at dinner time Ava comes into the kitchen and declares that she doesn't want me to make her dinner because she wants to make her own sandwich. She gets out a "quesadilla" or what the rest of us call a tortilla, and proceeds to make a taco sandwich. The ingredients: tortilla, torn in half, whip cream aka sour cream on both pieces, then top with lettuce, place on on top of the . This was completely her own creation, I have never ever prepared this type of meal for her. Delicious to her (she ate two) and quite unappealing to me. She was very proud with her creation and I was happy to let her explore (once I got over the fact that she was making a mess on my just swept and mopped kitchen floor).



It is hard to see in from this picture cause it isn't quite big enough on the blog, but she has sour cream on the tip of her nose in this picture.
Man I love my girl!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Remind me not to let Ava make my dinner any time soon HA HA

The bear hogs reminds me of Cooper's dog foot story.

Rachel said...

That's my kind of taco! She really is the cutest. Wish the bear hog would have shorten winter, but alas he didn't. Hope the snow doesn't last too long up there...