Sunday, February 07, 2010

A Saturday well spent....

Yesterday we went up to Heber and went sledding with the Robinson family (aka Katie). It was actually my first time sledding! I am sure you are now wondering where I have been my whole life, but what can I say? I have just never done it. It was so much fun! Cold and wet, but fun. Ava wasn't a huge fan......

As you can see by the look on her face (also notice me laughing my butt of in the back) after her first time down the hill. She didn't go again until the very last run. In fact she didn't even want me to go again. She can be so protective of me sometimes! In fact on one of the runs Ryan thought it would be fun to have everyone get out of the sled and then push me down this really steep part. It wasn't too bad, I did run into a tree, and if I hadn't been worried about how I was going to climb back up I would have actually enjoyed the ride. But as I was sliding down the hill I could hear Ava screaming and crying for me. Poor girl was worried about me. Ava's fear did wear off by the end of the day and she went down one last time with Ryan and I. At the end she yelled "wow, that was crazy fun". She has asked me several times when we are going to go sledding again. Here are a few more pictures......


4 comments:

Grammy said...

I used to love sledding . . . many, many years ago when I was just a kid. We had a major hill up above our house and we actually went tubing. There was a horrible accident one night with a bunch of youth from the church - they ran into one of the oak bushes. One girl had the back of her calf slashed open. They brought the kids to our house - my mom was tearing up sheets for bandages. The one girl had hundreds of stitches in her leg and ended up with a pretty bad scar. As LaRue about that tubing hill some time. She got punctured by barbed wire up there. We used to go tubing at recess at Adelaide elementary.

Janessa Couch said...

You are such a Cali girl. :) Looks like you had a blast and I absolutely love the pictures.

Becca's Bologna said...

FUUUUUN!!! love the pictures.

Chris Grover said...

ahhh, such fun! i haven't done that yet this year and it's motivating me! maybe i can groom a hill in my backyard! you guys all look so cute, little snow bunnies!