Thursday, May 20, 2010

California.....

We spent last week in California with Sharon. We hit Disneyland, the beach, and the Aquarium! It was a ton of fun, but then again I LOVE Disneyland and the beach :) My friend Anna found a place where we got Disney tickets for half price, so I used the $$ my Mom gave me for Christmas, Thanks Mom! (The fact that I didn't spend all of my Christmas cash from both parents until last week is an indication that I am actually being successful in changing my spending habits. Goals are good and actually accomplishing them is even better) We finally got to eat at Ariel's Grotto and it was so much fun! I called that morning and made a reservation and was so glad that I did because that place fills up fast! There were tons of people trying to get a table and we just walked right in. It was a little pricey, but Ava had so much fun having all the princesses come to our table and talk to her and take pictures with her. She also got to learn and do a cute little dance with them. It was way better than standing in line for 2 hours like we did in August just to see 3 princess, so in my opinion, money well spent if it saved me some sanity. Ava also got to see Tink (who is has become really into the last year) Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Pluto, and Donald Duck. There were no lines and not a ton of people there so we hit almost every single ride of relevance. It was a perfect Disney day (especially cause there was only one melt down from Miss Ava)


I didn't take any pictures at the beach, it was kinda cold and windy so we didn't stay for too long. We did eat lunch at Ruby's at the end of the pier and saw some dolphins, so that was fun. We also got a parking ticket, not so fun.

The living aquarium so much more fun than I thought. Ava loved, loved, loved it! They had an exhibit where they dad removed part of shark eggs and covered them with plastic so you could see the baby shark growing in side. They had four different ones all in different stages of development. You could see the shark inside of the egg moving around, very cool. It was my favorite part for sure. I took a few pictures so hopefully you can get an idea, the white blog is the yoke that provides the baby with the nourishment while growing and then when the yoke is gone the baby shark hatches. I also got to touch one of the shark who may have laid some of the eggs we say. They are smaller sharks, and have really rough skin.


We also got to touch some sting rays, star fish and sea anemones. Ava really got into this part and it was hard to pull her away when it was time to go...


I love her face in this last picture...


We also got to feed some birds. Ava wasn't too excited about birds landing on her arms so she fed them while they were sitting on the fence. One did land on her arm and she tried really hard to be all right with it, but in the end her fear won and she screamed and threw her bird food to get it off of her. It was kinda funny (doesn't it make me a mean mom to thinks it's funny?)



I wish I would have taken a picture of all three of us together, but I forgot to take my camera to Disneyland and the battery died while we were at the aquarium. Bummer. It was so nice to get away for a few days. I love going back to California because I really do miss living there, but every time I go back I am so happy that I moved to Utah. I love where I live and would never change it. Thanks Sharon for coming along!

4 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

I will have to take my three princesses there and thanks for letting me know that you can make reservations. Sounds like an amazing trip.

Anna said...

That last picture of you and the birds is sweet. Don't you hate birds? I thought you did?! :)

julie said...

Hahaha! You are so right Anna I do hate birds. It was hard for me not to freak out like Ava did :)

Sharon said...

The trip was so much fun! I am so glad I could share it with you and Ava. Thanks for a great week!