Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I feel so boring....

I have nothing of any real interest to say, but somehow feel the need to blog? So, this is what's new around here these days.....

We got new neighbors upstairs and down. I have "met" the ones downstairs and haven't even seen the people living upstairs. We made cookies for both last night but only the downstairs people were home and the guy looked at us like we were freaks when we dropped of the cookies, so maybe we won't be best friends? Ava said his hair looks weird and scary.

Ava is taking piano lessons on Mondays which basically means that we fight all through her practicing. It's delightful and reminds me that patience is a virtue that I have yet to fully acquire.

I spent the day at a "career workshop" and I get to do it again tomorrow. Honestly I am in no way looking forward to it. There is this weird couple there today and the guy wouldn't stop touching the girl and it was driving me CRAZY! I wanted to yell across the room "stop yourself!" And I got to do fun stuff like Me in 30 Second statements.... barf. I am trying to be positive, really, I am.

Becca is coming this weekend! So excited to see my Doobie Doo and spend some time in Logan with the rest of the fam too.

I finished my first book of the summer last night! I have a big stack waiting for me and calling my name. LOVE IT!

Sex in the City 2 comes out on Thursday! I am seriously so excited for a girls night out with Anna to see it. It's gonna be good! Like really good cause I love me some Sex in the City.

Ava has only one more week of pre school and I need a job, but don't really want one. Huh, I am so glad to be done with school but wish I was starting another semester in August cause the "real world" just doesn't have very much appeal to me right now. Pray that this changes soon and that I can come to grips with reality sooner than later. Thanks in advance :)

And just for fun, Ava with her fancy eyelashes and a very typical "Ava" expression.....

4 comments:

Anna said...

yay! SATC! I'm excited to get out of my freaking house for a girls night out! Sorry about the neighbors...

Chris Grover said...

ok, long comment...CONGRATS, CONGRATS on the graduation, julie! sorry i'm so late! but that is seriously so cool and you need to be very proud of that! second, are you going to share a little more info about the mister in the previous post? hmmm, just askin! and isn't it kinda bittersweet to graduate and realize that it now means "career" time? i remember feeling that way! good luck! and finally, if you are going to be up in logan and have a free afternoon, we should meet for lunch! i haven't seen you for so long! let me know! congrats again!

Becca's Bologna said...

I am so excited to see you too and tell you all about camp! and I love that pic of Ava. So typical

Grammy said...

Ava's eyelashes are hilarious! Hey, at least you have neighbors now. Maybe you'll just not be best friends with them, as you said. You must tell me what you are reading. I need some good books, too! My summer starts in 2 more weeks!