Friday, June 19, 2009

I love Summer!

Ava and Tyler driving the boat! She was pretty excited about this, especially cause Tyler let her honk the horn while she was driving. She was just beaming! On another note, I tried to get her in the tube today and she screamed bloody murder! We have some work to do on the actually getting in the water part of boating.

All I can say is that I have LOVED being home the past 6 weeks. It is so great to be home with my girl all day long. Yes, there are trying times when I wish that I could just have a break for a few hours, but more than not I am loving spending this time with her. I feel so very blessed to have the opportunity to just be at home with her this summer. I am trying to make the best of everyday because I know it just may be the last time I just get to be home with my girl. I only have one class this summer on Tuesday night so my school load is very small, which I am loving, especially because I managed to save all the "harder" no fun classes for my last semester :(. This last week we have gone on a few walks, we went to the Children's Museum, Kangaroo Zoo, and today was spent at the lake. Next week we are headed to Island Park with my Mom and her crew. So excited for that! I have been reading like a crazy woman and have made a good dent in the stack of must reads I have been collecting for the past 18 months! Ava is leaving next week to spend the week at her Dad's, this is the only time she will be gone before I start school, so I need to think of a few "adventurous" things to do while she is away. Life feels pretty good right now!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

It was a fun day! I'm starting to feel the effects of no sun screen. I never learn! Glad you and Ava had fun. Love you.

Janessa Couch said...

Where is there a Kangaroo Zoo? Sounds like fun. I hope that you do something that is really fun and adventurous while Ava is gone. You should go with her and spend a week in CA at the beach. Who knows what I would do if I had a week of no children, no work, no school. LUCKY!

The Skinners said...

What a fun time! Ava looks like shes lovin the boat ride.