Saturday, January 16, 2010

As of late.......

Just a few big and small things that have been going on in my world lately.....

Ava is now sleeping in her own bed! Yes, she is five, what can I say? I haven't really minded sharing my bed with her, but alas I was ready to take my space back. People have given me the business about letting her sleep with me for so long, but whatever. I'm the Mom and I can do things the way I want, so there.

Ava took her second solo flight to Cali last night. I always look forward to my "break" but then I always end up missing her with in half a day or so. There is a perfect song lyric that sums up how I feel when she is gone.... Ain't no sunshine when she's gone.

I started my last semester!!!! It is going to be a breeze. Let's hope finding a job is just has breezy.

I spent some of my Christmas $$ this week and sometime in the next 6 weeks an awesome black leather chair will find a new home in my living room.

I went to a bar tonight to see a comedy show with a friend and the strangest thing happened. I felt some what out of place. Never would have thought that would happen to me, but it did. Strange.

I am back on Weight Watchers due to 20 pounds mysteriously taking up residence on my body over the last 6 months. Not cool. In fact this chubbiness is making me crabby, so I am declaring war on it.

My wii fit age is 45. Ummmm..... pathetic. I am living in a body that is so out of shape that according to the wii I all ready know physically what it feels like to be 45. The sad thing is is that I am missing out on the knowledge of knowing what it feels like to live in the body of a 28 year old. This must change.

I moved to Utah 5 years ago as of this month. I can't believe it has been so long. I didn't have much of plan when I moved. I just new that my life needed a drastic change so I jumped off the cliff....... There really are no adequate words to describe the miracles that have been taking place in my life since taking that giant leap of faith.

The last month I have grown a new appreciation of unanswered prayers. Mostly thankful to have peace of mind that things have worked out just as they should have. Unanswered prayers are definitely gifts from God, but really, in my eyes, the greatest gift he gives us is the feeling of peace after the storm calms and all is silent. The moment when in your own way you come to know that all is well and as it should be. Peace and acceptance are the real gift.

It was two years ago that I quit my job as an assistant general manager at Jamb Juice. Wow, time flies.

When Ava was walking into preschool one day last week she stopped to wave and blow me a kiss. My heart ached a little knowing that all too soon I will be back to working full time and missing those small moments with her that I love so much. The last two years of being the closest to a stay at home mother as I will ever come have been a precious and irreplaceable gift to me. I will cherish them always.

I read this quote on a blog I read everyday and think that it pretty much sums up a lot of what I have been thinking lately........

"Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are." Enough said.

2 comments:

Grammy said...

Julie, your comments are so profound. You sound a bit like me when you say "I'm the Mom - I can do what I want!" Yes! It's true. I am most grateful that you are uncomfortable being in a bar - that is progress! (hee hee) I know you will do great in school this semester. Getting your education is one of the most important goals you will ever achieve. Don't feel too bad about the Wii Fit. I got on mine, it told me I was obese, it plumped up my avatar - so I turned it off and haven't been back on. I know that is bad. I will eventually tackle it. I want my 30 year old body back. Is that asking to much when you are pushing 55??? You are an incredible woman. You have made remarkable changes in your life, and look how blessed you are! I've never heard anyone express regret over living the commandments and being close to Heavenly Father. You go girl! You have such a brignt future.

Anna said...

It was so good to see you the other night, I've really missed hanging out with you!