Saturday, January 23, 2010

My week.....

My Dad and Nan gave me some money for Christmas. There was really nothing that I was really really wanting at the time so I decided to put the money aside and wait for something to come up. Well, I randomly came across a super cute leather chair on Overstock.com. It was on a pretty sale and I had a 10% off coupon so I bought it! I was so excited for it to come and it came way faster than I expected it to. I had to wrestle it out of the box (embarrassingly enough I even broke a sweat) and even managed to put the chair together all by myself. Brad and Sharon gave me a tool set for Christmas that came in quite handy too. I love the chair! Like seriously LOVE it. It just ties my living room together and just makes everything look so much better. It was exactly what I didn't know I've been wanting. Super Awesome! Thanks Dad and Nan :)


Ava got home Tuesday night. She was due in at 10:30pm but due to the crazy weather conditions in southern California she didn't get in until 12:00AM. That made for a very tired me and a very tired Ava. So tired in fact that I let her just crawl into be with me when we got home. I did make sure to tell Ava that sleeping with me would not be a daily thing, but for late nights and special occasions we could bend the rules ;) Ava got to spend tons of time with her cousins this week, which she loved. Katie and Ryan helped me out twice this week with watching Ava so I could go to New Beginnings on Wednesday night and then I have a class on Thursday nights (Katie and Ryan will be watching Ava every week while I got to school, for which I am VERY thankful for). Ava and I watched the kiddos on Friday after noon and then she got to go over again today while Katie and I had a girls lunch out to celebrate our good friends birthday. Ava had a rough day on Friday! She got huge scratch on her face, slammed her finger in the door and took off a good chunk of skin and then to end the day she ran into Savannah's bedroom door and now has a pretty good black eye. Poor girl :(


Friday night we went to my friend Lyndsy's for game night and I seriously had so much fun. I re-learned how to play a super fun card game, hand and foot. We also played a game called the game of things. It was so much fun and at one point I laughed so hard I peed my pants just a little! Don't judge, I have the smallest bladder of anyone you have ever met, hadn't gone to the bathroom in a record 2 hours and I have birthed a child. I also went to school and started my internship, more to come on that later! '
Whew I am tired. Ava snapped this picture of me tonight....

5 comments:

Ryan and Mandi said...

Sorry that we started the bad day for Ava with the scratch on her face. I swear I cut Darek's nails every day! They grow back way too quickly. That black eye looks terrible. I'm sure she'll tell me all about it! :) I'm glad you had a fun night though. You deserve it with all you do!

Anna said...

I love that chair! Love it! Sorry about poor Ava!

Unknown said...

cute chair- poor Ava- I can't believe her eye turned out like that. Thanks for watching the kids for us! You forgot to put in the good laugh we had at some of the clothes people actually put on their body ha ha ha ha

Sharon said...

Wow! So much has happened while we were gone. I love the chair and am so proud of you for putting it together by yourself. See you soon.

Grammy said...

You are one busy girl. I can't believe Ava's eye! Ouch! As for the finger in the door - I think that happens to everyone. When it happened to me, it cut the end of my finger off and they had to sew it back on! Maybe she is going through a "klutzy" stage. I love that you and Katie can watch each other's kids. I always dreamed of a pack of grandchildren that were good "cousins" for each other!