Friday, January 01, 2010

What is Christmas?

Christmas is the holiday we celebrate from December 1st- December 25th.
Christmas is going to the Christmas tree lot with Brad and Sharon to pick out the "perfect tree" and then decorating it
Christmas is listening to the Oak Ridge Boys and Kenny and Dolly Christmas CD's non-stop
Christmas is going to temple square to marvel at the beauty of the temple grounds covered in lights and making memories with the beautiful young women I love so much

Christmas is finishing finals, then breathing a huge sigh of relief
Christmas is shopping, and feeling excited about finding "the perfect" gift for the ones you love
Christmas is making temple pictures with Katie and discovering my mad staple gun skills
Christmas is shoveling snow
Christmas is taking Ava to see Santa Clause and seeing the excitement in her eyes while she talks to "the fat man"
Christmas is Katie doing 80% of my present wrapping :)
Christmas is finally getting ALL my decorations up the week before the actual day
Christmas is opening presents, breakfast for dinner and of course an Aggie game with my Dad and Nan

Christmas is taking Ava to see Princess and the Frog, twice
Christmas is Ava singing "redolph" and telling me and Sharon not to bust up
Christmas is the Young Women doing the 12 days of Christmas for me
Christmas is eating and eating and then eating some more.... the orange rolls were definitely a high light
Christmas is planning menus
Christmas is driving through town to see all the beautiful lights
Christmas is driving to Logan in a crazy snow storm, seeing my grandpa, cousins, aunts and uncles, missing my Grandma, and getting stuck in Logan due to crazy snow storm
Christmas is drinking hot chocolate
Christmas is Luka eating so much candy that he puked and then immediately going right for the box of See's chocolates

Christmas is making sugar cookies for the kids to decorate and for the big girls to eat :)
Christmas is playing Trains and What Where You Thinking
Christmas is trying to guess who the alien in the room is
Christmas is seeing my cute Grandpa Harris three times, oh how I love that man
Christmas is talking to Tricia for hours at a time
Christmas is hot peppermint baths, warm fuzzy socks and my sexy gray bathrobe
Christmas is getting to see Becca freak out about her hair not being straight enough
Christmas is spending tons of time with my sisters
Christmas is getting a magic key for Santa
Christmas is the kids acting out the nativity and then sharing their talents with everyone
Christmas is leaving cookies and milk out for Santa
Christmas is a new camera, UGGS, cash, the opportunity to make a memory with Ava in 2010, new books, cold stone cards, new dishes, the cutest new watch, a Jewelry Tree.... and more!
Christmas is discovering that I need a massaging eye mask

Christmas is a new scooter, games, art supplies, a new doll bed, a piano and lessons, play doh, doll clothes, new movies, books, new clothes, barbie and hot air balloon carriage....

Christmas is getting to spend the holiday with my Mom for the first time in six years
Christmas is Ava telling Brad to "turn on his engine and get over here"
Christmas is Brad and Ava being..... well, Brad and Ava
Christmas is Ava declaring her favorite Christmas song Hard Candy Christmas by Dolly Parton
Christmas is giving and receiving
Christmas is seeing the sparkle of excitement and magic in Ava's eyes
Christmas is strengthening our relationships with the people we love most in the world
Christmas is growing in my appreciation for my Savior Jesus Christ, his birth, his life, his example,and his unconditional love.

I am thankful for all that i have been blessed with. Christmas was busy, fun, and practically perfect in every way.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

I am so glad we can make Christmas memories with you and Ava. Love the comment about Brad & Ava in the masks! I love you both.

Unknown said...

So fun- I love wrapping presents so I will do it any time for you- especially for your yummy sugar cookies!

Anna said...

That is so cute! I love your hair curly too by the by...

Becca's Bologna said...

haha love it! especially the part about me.. its a good thing you love me even if my hair isnt straight enough. lol

Grammy said...

A great oration on Christmas! I loved all the time we spent together. I totally made the spirit of the celebration complete to be there with my girls and my grandbabies. And I only won Ticket to Ride one time!! It was way fun to see Ava on Christmas morning, too.