Saturday, September 18, 2010

Blah!

This was the week where the excitement wore off and the sadness took over.

I knew that going back to work would take it's toll on my little family and this was the week. Ava had a melt down everyday this week. I had a few meltdowns this week. It is so hard to remain calm when she repeatedly freaks out for what feels like nothing at all. I have had to constantly remind myself that all of this change is catching up with her. She has made the comment "I hate your job" several times and is just hurts me heart to hear it.

I know we will be fine. We will get in a routine and adjust. We will, because we have to. Change is constant and can't be avoided. This one is good, but that doesn't mean it isn't hard.

We will just have to remember to cherish the time we have together and the small things. This morning we lingered in bed and had the cutest talk. Ava told me all about her adventures yesterday. I am going to take that time and tuck it away in that special place in my heart. I can't believe how my love for Ava grows everyday. She is an amazing girl and I am lucky to be her Mom.

Here's to hoping for an easier week!

5 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

I think that going to kindergarten in general for kids gives them breakdowns. Hailey has had many this week and it is so frustrating. I hope that things get better soon!

Heidi Sue said...

Sorry! That's no fun. I saw you two walking to school the other day. You looked so cute. I can't believe that she is old enough for school.

Grammy said...

Give that Ava Bear a hug from Grammy. And have her give you one from your Mom! Some hard adjustments, huh? You two will be fine. No, it is not always easy. But it is doable - and we are resiliant. Sending much love to you!

Chris Grover said...

change is hard on everyone. but if you get through the hard transition phase, change can also lead to wonderful things. so sorry you guys are having a rough time, but jules, you have proven you can really get through anything. you're a strong one!

Anna said...

I'm sorry! That's hard for any kid to start school. Keep being the great mom I know you are!