Wednesday, September 08, 2010

My new job, more of the first day and soccer!

This is going to be the catch up blog!

I GOT A JOB!!! That is the big news around here that I have failed to mention. I got a job at Island View. It's residential treatment center for teens. I am a milieu manager, which basically means I supervise troubled teens all day. I started last week and I am really liking it so far. There are definitely going to be some interesting experiences in store for me! It has been a bittersweet transition for me. I am excited to be working, especially at a job that I wanted, but sad at the same time to be done with the flexibility of a school schedule and of course I miss Ava. I was so sad that I didn't get to pick her up from the first day of school, but happy that I at least got to take her. I am going to be working from 2:30-11 PM. I is a different schedule but with Ava being in afternoon kindergarten so it will give me more time overall at home with her and I get to volunteer in her class on Monday before I have to leave for work. I am going to miss bedtime, but all in all this schedule will give me more time with Ava so I am good with it.

Here are some pictures of Ava when I dropped her off for her first day. Her teacher is Ms. McGary and she is loving school so far.


We started soccer again. Ava is bright lime green this year and her teams name is The Tinkerbell's. She is loving it and doesn't hesitate to tell her coach that she is the best on the team after she scores every goal. Apparently we need to have a family home evening lesson on humility :)

2 comments:

Grammy said...

I love the soccer shots! Wish I could come to a game. It was so good to see you. Just too short a time. Love you and miss you! Glad the job is going well.

Tricia said...

You guys just jumped right into a new schedule! The soccer is so good for her - she is great at it! Super amazing to get the first job you apply for--what a rock star*!