Monday, February 11, 2008

AVA


My first post on family(see prior post) is of course about my Ava.  What a special child of God she is!  She has made my life so full of love and happiness.  I am lucky and proud to be her Mother.  It is my prayer everyday that I will do the best I can to help her be the best she can be.  It is the hardest job I have ever had.  I had no idea how broad the scope of Motherhood, but I am thankful for the opportunity to experience it, as well as learn and grow through it.  I just want to share some things that I love about Ava:  she loves to cuddle, she is very social and talks to everyone (I hope that she doesn't outgrow this), her dance moves make me laugh, and her smell.  She has the cutest vocabulary.  Here are a few of the cute things she says:
fridge =  fridger
donkey = honkey
toilet paper = paper paper
cup cakes = pup cakes
shadow = eye shadow
Emily = Elomy
Marshmellow = Farfellow
Cooper = Coop (in her earlier day it was pooper)
Everybody = all a body
Pre School = pe school
And her most used word is Why?
There is a little girl in Ava's class named Tuesday.  Gail told me that for the first two weeks of class Ava called her Sunday! When learning the song the Farmer in the Dale, Ava would sing the Farmer in the Desk!  She is such a crack up.
She loves all the people in her family and when asked who is in her family and who loves her she will give you this list: Katie, Ryan, Cooper, Savannah, Luka, you (as in me, the mom), Becca, Grammy, Rod, Nick, Gail (her babysitter), Grandpa Scott and Grandma Nan, Sharon, Brad, Tyler, Elomy, Nathan, her Dad and Clarissa, her sister Alexa, her uncles Sergio, Alex, and Arthur, Kika and Big Butch (her step grandparents), Carly, Jenna, Mike, Cole, Noah, Heidi, Josh, Lilli, Mary, Bubba, Big Josh, Ronnie, and seriously she will go on and on with the list of names.  It is quite the list!  But hey, at least she now she is loved.  She loves being in her Sunbeam class at church and every time we drive by the church she says "is today church day?"  She love pre school and looks forward to seeing all her friends everyday.  She is such a cute little girl.  It is such a privilege to be her mother and her friend.  Lately, at bedtime she will tell me "Mom I love you so much" and " you are so cute mom".  It is the best part of my day.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this little Ava so much! I am so lucky to be her auntie. I am so glad you live close by and that we can have both of you in our everyday lives.

Carlotta said...

I love when little kids have there own words. It is so sad when they grow out of it. =( I loved her words. They made me smile! I loved when my girl use to say backkack. She said it for the longest time. Those are the sweetest things to remember cause they are the easiest things to forget.

Janet said...

So I noticed my name was not on the list of people that Ava loves so I'm sending you a picture of me and I want you to teach her that I love her or we just better spend more time with her so she gets to know me:)

Chris Grover said...

this was sooo fun to read! i get such a kick out of the adorable things they say and the way their minds work! she really is sooo beautiful and you are doing such a wonderful job being her mom, julie! how awesome that she knows she is so loved!

Grammy said...

Ava is such a blessing to all of us! She is adorable, smart, fun, inquisitive, sweet, spiritual, and teachable. I love to cuddle her when we read. I love her words also. You had some pretty wild words yourself. Like when you would feel "crunchy" or you said something was "bravo." Tell Ava that Grammy loves her!