Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sweet Success!



I finished my first semester today!  What a sigh of relief.  I made it and actually managed to pull it all off.  I know for sure that I got an A in both of my social work classes.  I should hopefully know my math grade by Friday and my grade in Biology by Monday.  I have never felt as good as when I walked out of my math final today.  I could not quit smiling.  I am just so glad that it is over and at the same time a little sad.  My schedule is changing again, just when I was getting used to everything.  I am so thankful for the opportunity that I have had to go back to school.  It was a hard choice to make and I was so close to backing out the first few weeks of school.  I am so thankful to all of you who have given me so much encouragement and support.  I could never do half of what I do with out the love and support of so many people.  It is humbling to think of all of the people who have been of service to me.  Thank you to my main supporters:  Katie, Ryan, Sharon, Brad, Dad, Nan, Mom, Rod, and all the many others who have given words of encouragement.  I have learned so much in the past 5 months it is overwhelming for me to even think about it.  I feel like part of me has started to live again and I have a new hope for the future.  This experience has increased my testimony that when we are doing the things that we are supposed to that our lives will be blessed in ways that we cannot even imagine.  All we have to do is take that leap of faith, do all we can and then leave everything else in God's hands.  Now, I am off to Hawaii for a weekend in the sand!  After the snow today I am extra ready to get away.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

IS that top picture of you taking your leap of faith HEE HEE! I am so proud of you. I know you can do this. I love you and hope you have a GREAT weekend.

Kori said...

Good for you! Enjoy Hawaii, you deserve it!

Grammy said...

Congratulations! You have done a fantastic job in your classes. I am very proud of you! Enjoy your much deserved vacation in the sun, sand and surf.

Rachell's Place said...

I feel your pain when it comes to math! I started going back to school this last semester to and have only taken the one class. Good job! Have fun in Hawaii :)

Janessa Couch said...

I hope that you have a wonderful time in Hawaii. I truly look up to you and what a hard working mother you are. You totally deserve this trip to Hawaii.

Tori said...

Congrats!! I bet it feels good to be done with finals! You are amazing Julie, I'm proud of you!

Allan and Diane said...

Hey Jules--a BIG CONGRATS girl! You are taking a giant step forward in your life and look how much you have already been blessed. You have ALOT on your plate and are doing so well. We are so proud of you and love to read of your successes. Have a great vacation in Hawaii. Love ya

Nikki said...

congratulations - have a lovely time!

Carly said...

Way to go Julie! I can definitely relate! When I started back to school last summer a big part of me thought I was nuts, but an even bigger part knew it was what I was suppose to be doing. So far things have all worked out and sometimes I am not sure how. I too am blessed with awesome people in my life who help and support me. Have a great trip, can't wait to hear all about it!

britt said...

way to go Julie! I admire you so much for all of your accomplishments, especially being a single-mom. You are such an example to me!
Cute "Roxy" shirt, by the way and I will admit it...I am so jealous of your trip to hawaii. You deserved it though!