Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ava's home!





Ava got home last night after a two week stay in California. It is so nice to have her home! Her plane came in 20 minutes late so I was very anxious by the time she was in my arms. She was actually happy to be home and didn't cry this time. Last time I picked her up from her Dads she cried in the air port for almost an hour. After picking her up we wen to Katie's so she could see her cousins. That is always the first thing she asks to do when she gets home. It is always so cute to see how excited they all are to see each other again. After we wen to Katie's we went to neilsens for some ice cream. By the time we left Chris and Ava were dunking their fingers in their ice cream and trying to get it on each others face! Then Chris taught Ava how to catapult her ice cream off her spoon! It was a fun night and it is so nice to hear her cute little voice in the house again. I miss you so much when she is away!

6 comments:

Krystal said...

Wow two weeks. I bet it just kills you to have her gone. It looks like Chris is such a good guy. He seems to do so well with Ava. I love to see how much fun they have together. It must be so nice to see him love her.As a mother you always worry about your kids, so to have him welcome her and love her, has got to be such an amazing thing to watch. It must make you love him even more. Cody and I are so happy for you. Congrats!

Grammy said...

She is so cute. Hopefully she will settle in to her routine at home quickly. Give her a hug from Grammy. I love that frozen custard, too!

Janessa Couch said...

What precious pictures. Two weeks is such a long time. Looks like you did some fun things to keep your mind off it though.

Kori said...

I'm sure you did miss her. I can't imagine 2 weeks without my kids...2hours would be really nice but, 2 weeks is certainly a little longer than is comfortable! Glad she's home safe and sound.

Chris Grover said...

oh, i can only imagine how nice it is when ava comes home! it's like all that sunshine coming back home! she is so incredibly adorable, julie! and i love how well she gets along with chris! that is huge! welcome home, ava!

Janet said...

I thought I would be glad when Jordan went and I am glad but I can't believe how much I miss him. Sometimes I just ache to see his smile. Then I would sent him back immediately. Chris is cute, cute, cute. Good luck in school.