Friday, August 29, 2008

I'm gonna miss this!






I know that we are supposed to enjoy every stage of life for the good that each offers, but I can't help but feel a little sad. The summer has flown by so FAST! It has seriously been one of the best summers I have ever had. I think that I was able to spend more time being a "mom" this summer than I have had since Ava was just a tiny baby. I have really loved every minute of it. Last week were sitting in the living room eating lunch together at her princess table and the thought occurred to me just how precious those moments are. It is not very often that I get to spend the whole day from start to finish with my sweet girl. It was seriously the best gift that I could have been given this summer and I am truly grateful to the gift giver! I am so excited to be back in school and have a busy schedule again, but I know that I will always miss this time in my life one day too. I am so thankful for the opportunity that I have to be going back to school. The way everything has just fallen into place is truly a miracle (at least in my eyes). There are definitely days when I wonder what the heck I am doing but I really know that I am doing exactly what I am supposed to be doing right now. I just wanted to post a few pictures of some of the "highlights" of our summer since I was kind of a slacker with my blog this summer. For now I will try and enjoy each day for the good that it brings because I know that one day I will look back and miss it! There is a song by Trace Adkins that says exactly what I am feeling! Here is the chorus:

Your gonna miss this, your gonna want this back
Your gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times, so take a good look around.
You may not know it now but your gonna miss this.

7 comments:

mandy said...

time does go buy so fast. I know now why a journal is such a blessing. I am not very good at keeping one but what I have kept I love to read and remember the things that my kids have done in the past that I have forgotten about. Good luck with school. Brian is already getting stressed. He has a creative arts class were we have to go to 7 plays including 1 ballet. Can you see Brian at the ballet.

Grammy said...

It is so good to enjoy each moment for what it is. It seems when we are young we can't wait to be older, and when we are older we wish for our youth. Each stage of life is so wonderful and full of joy if that is what we choose to see. I'm glad for your wisdom on this. I am so glad you are in school. You will certainly never regret getting your degree.

Becca's Bologna said...

I miss summer too. I loved being able to spend so much time with you and Katie. It was hard to go back to school 3 weeks ago but i love it now. That is an awesome picture of us by the way haha!!!

Unknown said...

Is cooper really wearing that shirt? Ryan would die.

Chris Grover said...

yep, i feel ya! but that's why we just have to keep making great memories, so we don't miss the old ones TOO much! you HAVE had a lot of really great things happen, haven't you? and i couldn't be happier for you!

Allan and Diane said...

Why is summer the time for us ALL to cherish and cling to?!? Looks like you had a great one Jules...we are so happy for you and the good choices you are making. Love you all.

heidi said...

I have been thinking alot latley about how fast time goes, your post hits it just right. I guess we have to learn to enjoy every minute before they all pass us by.