Saturday, August 23, 2008

Where does she get it from?




Most of you who really know me know that I am not one who loves cleaning. As a child I used to tell people I was allergic to work (meaning house work). I am messy and not so organized when it comes to keeping things tidy. I am getting better and learning that if I stay on top of things I can keep my house clean. Ava on the other hand doesn't mind helping out. She loves to wash mirrors, mop and vacuum. There has even been tear shed over me not letting her vacuum long enough! I had to laugh yesterday when she brought all her shoes out to the living room, lined them all up and proceeded to clean every pair! She even resorted to scrubbing some of them in the sink with soap and a scrub brush. I don't know what gave her this idea but I know it was all her own because she has never once seen me do it. She never ceases to amaze me!

4 comments:

Adrienne Hansen said...

That is funny! It gives me hope that my kids will like to clean-I'm not a huge fan of it either. YUCK!

Kori said...

Encourage her as much as you can! Grant and Lily are truly offended if I don't let them put the dishes away from the dishwasher or put their dirty clothes in the hamper! The help is awesome!

Grammy said...

She is just sooooo cute! I love that she wanted to clean her shoes. When you were very small, like Ava, you really did like to help clean. Remember when we would play the Hooked on Classics CD and race through the house cleaning? That was always fun. Treasure her as she is. She will grow up too fast!

Sharon said...

Can I send Tyler to live with you for a while? Maybe Ava's cleaning will rub off on him. He needs some more skills.