Sunday, May 25, 2008

Becca

Mine and Becca's first meeting.  My hair has come a long way!
Me and Becca
Mom, me, Katie, and Becca
Ade, Jadeon, me, Katie, Becca, and Tori


This past week my Dad gave me the best treat!  He flew us out to go to Becca's eighth grade promotion.  It was so much fun to be there and celebrate with her.  She is such a blessing to our family and I love her so much and can't believe how grown up she is.  She is about to embark on her journey through High School.  I am so excited and scared for her.  She is going to learn and grow so much in the next few years.  I hope that she enjoys every moment of it and makes the most of being a teenager.  I want Becca to know how much I love her and how much I value my relationship with her.  I know I live so far away, but I think of her daily and look forward to every moment we get to spend together.  She is such a fun girl and even though I am sure she sometimes finds me old and boring we have fun together.  She is goofy like me and always laughs at me and with me.  Advice for Becca:  remember how special you are!  Don't change your values to fit in with the "in crowd".  Learn from my mistakes and don't make the same ones!  Do good in school, do all your homework and get good grades.  It will help you in college if you develop good habits now.  GO TO COLLEG and FINISH THE FIRST TIME!  You will never regret it!  Remember that your sisters love you and are available 24 7 365,  call anytime! I love you Doobie, thanks for choosing our family!

9 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

What great advice especially from a sister.

Unknown said...

Amen- what she said. Oh, except Becca, you like me best HEE HEE

Grammy said...

Great advice. I love her, too. She is so excited to be in High School. I hope it is as wonderful as she wants it to be!

Sharon said...

Wow! Where did the curly hair go? We could have had some laughs in Hawaii with the humidity factor and that hair. Ha Ha! Love you curly or straight.

Adrienne Hansen said...

Little Beccster. All grown up! :) How fun was that to go down there?! And I love the hair!

Janet said...

I can't believe Becca is going into high school. Great advice!

Jamie and Family said...

Oh my gosh, why can't we ALL just listen to good advice like that? I get scared thinking of my girls in about 7 years.

And your hair has come a long way. I LOVE that first pic!!!

Chris Grover said...

haaa, love the hair! i can't believe becca is going into high school! she will always be about 2 years old in my memories! haa! good advice!

Patty said...

I loved seeing your pictures. What a special day for all of you especially Becca,
You have your Mother's gift to express your feelings and you write beautifully.