Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Poor Baby!




Today we had quite the traumatic experience.  Ava got her toe run over with a shopping cart at costco and it took her big toe nail right off!  Her poor little toe was pretty cut up.  Katie and I took her to insta care where she had some x-rays to make sure it wasn't broken.  The Dr. said she didn't need any stitches and that she should heal okay.  She has no toe nail and it will take 8 months to a year for her new one to grow in.  She was pretty brave once she was over the initial shock.  I have to keep her toe bandaged for the next week and make sure that it does not get infected.  Poor girl!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel so bad about this. My heart broke for her. Poor girl. She was so brave. I just hope she gets a new toenail or she will hate me forever.

Kori said...

Poor little thing. Glad it wasn't any worse. Just part of being little, I guess!

Nikki said...

ouch!

Grammy said...

Her face does look so sad! Kids are very resilient, though, and she will get over it. I'm sure she will talk about it for a long time.