Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I'm Special

I'm Special
In all the world there's nobody like me.  Since the beginning
of time, there has never been another person like me.
Nobody has my smile.  Nobody has my eyes, nose, my
hair, my hands, my voice.
I'm Special
No one can be found who has my handwriting.  Nobody 
anywhere has my tastes~for food or music or art.  Nobody
sees things just as I do.  In all of time there's been no one
who laughs like me, no one who cries like me.  And what
makes me laugh and cry will never provoke identical
laughter and tears from anybody else.  EVER!  No one reacts
to any situation just as I would react.
I'm Special
I'm the only one in all of creation who has my set of 
abilities.  Oh, there will always be somebody who is better at 
one of the things I'm good at, BUT NO ONE IN THE 
UNIVERSE CAN REACH THE QUALITY OF MY
COMBINATION OF TALENTS, IDEAS, ABILITIES
AND FEELINGS.  Like a room full of musical instruments, 
some may excel alone, but non can match the symphony
sound when all are played together.  I'M A SYMPHONY.
Through all of eternity no one will ever look, talk, walk,
think, or do like me.
I'm Special.  I'm Rare.
I AM UNIQUE AND PRECIOUS...
And in all rarity, there is great value.  Because of my great 
value, I need not attempt to imitate others.  I will
accept -- yes, celebrate -- my difference.
I'm Special
And I'm beginning to realize it's no accident that I'm
special.  I'm beginning to see that God made me special for
 a very special purpose.  He must have a job for me that no
one else can do as well as I.  Out of all the billions of 
applicants, only one was qualified, only one has the fith
combination that it takes.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Your trip looks so fun.
I think we all have things to do that no one else can do. We all influence people in a way no one else can. Our most important work is to learn the lessons that are uniquely ours. Your Mom is an energetic burst of wit, wisdom, and love of life. Whenever I need a shot of optomism and common sense advice I call sister and friend Karla.

Grammy said...

Julie, this is so beautiful. It made my eyes a little wet. These affirmations should be posted on every mirror in every home in the world. How special we all are as God's children. Truly he made us each unique - and we are his. I am so glad that you know this. It will bless your life. Teach it to Ava, and you will be doubly blessed.