Thursday, March 13, 2008

Catching up and a few other random thoughts!

How is it that a week has all ready passed since my last post!  I don't just quit posting on purpose I just tend to be easily distracted at times.  I need to find some structure!  I have never really been good at this, but most of you all ready now this.  Yes there are some parts of my routine that never change, but not enough.   School is keeping me stressed out.  Mostly cause I procrastinate and I am finding that I am not as good at winging it in the class room as I used to be!  It used to be that I could just show up to class and do well, not so much any more.  Consequently I need to develop a few study skills.  Any suggestions?  I am open to them.  I have spring break next week and cant wait!  It will be nice to just have a few days "off" to spend with Ava.  Hopefully the weather will be nice again by next week cause I have really been feeling the need to take her to the zoo.  Then miss thing is off to her Dad's for 10 days.  She hasn't gone for a visit since January so I am honestly looking forward to some down time.  I now that I will be missing her like crazy after a few days, but that is just the way it is. I have really been reflecting on how blessed my life is this past week. Here are few that have really been on my mind:

1. Answered prayers:  one morning last week was starting off all wrong from the start.  I can usually tell within a minute of Ava waking up what kind of morning we will have.  Well, this one was bad from second 1.  I just sat there and thought "I can't do this today, I just can't" and then thought came to ask for help.  A quick prayer was offered and within one minute her whole demeanor changed and everything went smoothly.  The man upstairs hears us, he knows us and he WILL help us.  I know this, with out a doubt.
2. Second chances
3. My freedom.  We have been discussing a lot of stuff on this topic in my Social Welfare class, and it has really hit me.
4. The people in my ward.  They are awesome people who help me probably more than I will ever really now.  But I got a note in the mail from one of them this week and it has really had an affect on me this week.
5.  My family.  I think that my relationships with each one of them have grown a little the past few weeks.  I am thankful for each one of them and the lessons that they teach me.  

I have also learned a small lesson this week.  Check the preschool calendar the teacher gives you, it can possibly save you from a few stressful situations.  Here a few examples
Tuesday morning:  Ava is laying in bed and yells "mom it is my turn for snack today."  Me thinking what and then checking the calendar and realizing that yes indeed it is our turn for snack this week.  Luckily I was able to throw one together without to much craziness!
Wednesday morning: Ava "mom today is bowling day, right?" Me, "yes sweety, today is finally bowling day."  Ava "I need a 5 dollar bill."  Me thinking okay wasn't expecting that then checking the calendar and yes there was the instruction, send your child with $2.50.  Oh, crap I have no cash, not even $2.50.  Had to stop at the grocery store and get some cash.  Glad she mentioned this small detail!
This morning : Ava "what am I doing at pre school today?"  Me " I don't know, lets check the calendar"  Oh it is pajama day!  Yeah, now I don't have to fight the battle of what is acceptable to wear in public and what is not!  
I will read the calendar in advance from now on!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I obviously bad at the calendar too- Poor Cooper didn't have his pajamas on for pajama day! He will survive though. I am grateful for second chances too- what would we be without them!

Grammy said...

I always love reading your posts. You have some wonderful insights, Julie. I have been very bad at the calendar thing in the past, but am learning. I try to use my palm pilot. It helps keep me scheduled with all the Relief Society stuff I have to do. Ditto to the prayer thoughts - He really does hear us, knows what we need, and wants us to be happy. What would life be without second chances? Nobody would be making it without that beautiful gift. I also love America! We don't even begin to know how good we have it here. And our ward families - wow- what would we do without that love from others, and it is good for us to give the love in return. I sometimes pray that I can have the pure love of Christ fill me, so that I can give it to others. What are you doing for Spring Break? We have the same week off! Wish I would have known that. I am looking forward to so serious down time - hiking, matinees, lunch, a temple day and we are taking Becca and Nick to Disneyland at the end of the week. Can't wait!