Thursday, March 20, 2008

I'll be missing you!


Ava went to her Dad's yesterday.  I flew to Long Beach with her early in the morning and dropped her.  The whole way there she was very excited and couldn't wait to see her Dad.  When the time came to say good bye she was getting a little more wishy washy about it.  We said our good byes and she drove away.  It is always the strangest feeling to watch her go.  It is nice to have a break, for a day.  But seriously I start missing her by the end of the first day.  I wonder how she is doing, what she ate for dinner?  Did somebody sing to her today?  What questions is she asking?  What are the answers to these questions?  Did she get enough hugs?  Enough kisses?  What did she play today?  I walked by her room today and just looked in.  It was so cute to see the way things were left.  She was having a tea party with Dora on Tuesday afternoon (while I was attempting beauty) and everything was still set up just the way she had it.  It made me happy and sad all at the same time.  I am sitting here now and the best way I can think to describe how I feel is like a stranger in my own house.  It is way to quiet around here!  I miss my friend.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We always miss her too! Cooper and savnnah were telling me today it has been so long since they have seen her- (3 days HA)

Carlotta said...

I feel the same way and I only have to send my love to Logan. It's such a yucky way to feel. It seems to be happening every weekend but whatever. If she wants to go then nothing else I can do. I come home after work and it feels like a ghost town. Like what you said. A stranger in my own place. *sigh* I have a heard time thinking about all the things that AREN'T happening as opposed to the things that are happening. Each week seems to get a LITTLE easier. Depends. HA. Know how you feel. =/