Friday, November 14, 2008

One week ago........

Last Friday we had an early birthday celebration for Ava. We had two parties. One with her cute little girlfriends. We went and got there nails painted and then came back home for pink cupcakes, with sprinkles, can't forget the sprinkles. Ava was very adamant that they be there. I take with me when I get pedicures and she has a favorite girl there who always paints her nails. Her name is Tina. Ava will sit and wait while she finishes what she is doing and of course she chats with her the whole time. Tina was ready and waiting for all the girls when we got there. She even had a cute little gift for Ava. It was way cute!






Later that night everyone crowded into my small apartment for dinner, cake and of course presents! It was so much fun. We have truly been blessed with many people to love us! Thanks to Katie for coming early and making the food! Thanks to everyone who came and helped my girl feel so special and loved! It was such a fun day! I am so lucky to be her Mom. It is my source of happiness and fun (well most of the time, sometimes it tries my patience as well!). I splurged this year and bought the cake of cakes! I figured that I have totally flopped with my cake making skills the last two years. On her second birthday she requested cup cakes. My purple frosting looked gray! I was so sad, but laugh at it now, because I know I get at least get points for trying, right? And last year my cake literally made me cry while I was frosting it cause it was not the way I pictured it to be in my mind. Once again points for effort. Before she feel asleep Friday night she looked at me and said "Mom, we have a lot of people who love me, huh?" And she is right about that one!

7 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

What an awesome cake. I love the idea of getting their nails done. I will have to try that one next time.

Unknown said...

Cute- love the video- did you hire an expert for that? HA

heidi said...

Looks like it was fun. I love that she has a favorite nail painter, such a girlie girl!

Sharon said...

The nail adventure looked like lots of fun. The party was great fun and the cake was nice. I liked the blue cake last year too.

Grammy said...

What a fun birthday. I hope she doesn't expect this much every year. You have a lot to live up to if she does! Please hug and kiss that little angel girl for her grammy when she gets home!

Chris Grover said...

what a blessing that she realizes how much she is loved by so many people! it looks like such a fun and special day for her! and that cake -- fancy, shmancy, cute!

britt said...

Glad she had such a wonderful birthday, and even cuter that she recognizes all those that love her!