Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Luka!




What a special day today is! Last year on this day I got a call at 3AM telling me it was time to go have a baby! I jumped out of bed so quickly you would have never guessed it was so early in the morning. It was PURE EXCITEMENT! There is nothing I love more than a newborn baby fresh from heaven. What a beautiful gift of love and sacrifice I was able to witness. The memory of the first time I saw cute little Luka will warm my heart for eternity! There is nothing like the love an auntie has for their nieces and nephews. Luka is such a sweetie and brings so much joy into my life. Just last week I was lucky to get some of the best cuddles from him. He snuggled his cute little face into the side of my neck and stroked my hair. It was so precious! It has been so fun to watch him grow and see his personality blossom. I look forward to watching him grow and loving him more and more every time I see him. I love you little guy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Luka is so lucky to have you for an aunt. I am so glad you could be there when he was born!

Grammy said...

That was quite a morning for us all. I remember going back to bed after I got the "my water broke" phone call and all at once I sat up and said, "I can't go back to bed! I have to get a flight and get to the airport!" Believe me, I was awake then. It was such a sweet and precious time to enjoy that amazing baby boy. He has brought joy with him and he just keeps dishing it out. I was so sad that I missed the birth, but it was so great to spend so many days there with all of you.