Sunday, December 07, 2008

Christmas 2004 and other thoughts........

I can't believe this is my fourth Christmas with Ava. I was talking to one of my friends in my ward on Saturday about how we couldn't believe Ava and I have been here for four years! It has literally flown by. I feel like I went to sleep one night with this tiny snuggly newborn and woke up with a talkative and very opinionated little girl. She has completely lost the baby look! Four year ago I was just here visiting after I had Ava. I knew then that I was supposed to come live her, but I was fighting it so hard. I didn't want to move here. I didn't want to admit that I needed to come here. It was a hard pill for me to swallow and I think that the day I drove out of Long Beach with a fully loaded U Haul following behind was one of the saddest days of my life. I think I cried for a good couple of hours. I was sad to admit that the dreams I had built there were never going to come true. I was thinking about the person I was four years ago today in church. I have been feeling a lot like that girl lately. Like I have lost a dream and that I don't want to take the time to dream a new one. But today I realized that I am not all the way back at square one. I have goals and ambitions I never planned I would have. I am a completely different person. I am feeling comfort in knowing that while I am an ordinary person I CAN do hard things. I have faced most of my biggest fears in life and I have survived to tell the story! Here are a few pictures from that first Christmas. I can't believe that I am posting them for you all to see cause I look like a cow, but hey, like I said a lot about me has changed!



Just one comment on this picture....... it seriously cracks me up every time I see it. I guess cause one day Katie and I stumbled upon it and laughed for so long because I look so "chubby". It make me laugh every time!

3 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

Your pictures are so adorable. I can not get one of them to load, but the others are adorable. It has been so much fun writing to you. You are amazing and are an amazing mother to a beautiful girl.

heidi said...

I've been having a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit as well... must just be one of those years.
It always comes eventually!

Grammy said...

I was thinking some of the same thoughts - about 4 year ago when you and Ava came to visit. I love the picture of with the reindeer antlers on. I remember how excited you were about that little costume for her. And for what it's worth...I don't think you look like a cow. You are BEAUTIFUL!