Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Recap





I tried to make a post with the slideshow I posted yesterday, but technology was not cooperating with me very well and when I started to get angry I had to walk away. So here are the detail of Christmas from the Clark house. We celebrated with Ava early on Sunday. Sharon and Brad came over after church. Becca was in town visiting so she was here too. Tyler even stopped in for a minute on his way to work. It was so much fun to open presents with Ava this year. I swear it gets better and better every year! We saw some personality she gets from me and some personality she gets from her Dad. She insisted on putting every piece of wrapping paper straight into the garbage bad so we wouldn't have a huge mess every where (if you haven't guessed this is definitely something she gets from her Dad). She had us all laughing when she exclaimed "I hope it's clothes or shoes!" while opening a present from Sharon and Brad (that is definitely all my doing!). She had a great time and loved all the loot she got! We made breakfast for lunch and it was oh so yummy! Sharon and Brad got me a griddle, so now I will have to practice making some pancakes because I have never made them before.

I took Ava to California and Tuesday to stay for a week at her Dad's. I cried on the way to the airport, then again after she pulled away at the airport. I could hardly even talk to her when she was leaving because I was holding back my tears. I didn't want to cry in from of her because I know that it would worry her and I definitely did not want her Dad to see me cry. So instead at sat outside on the bench and cried while I waited for Tricia to pick me up. I think the lady sitting next to me thought I was a tad bit crazy. Who knows maybe I am. I spent a fun night with Tricia and Lola doing last minute shopping, dinner at the Olive Garden and then just hangin out at the house. It brought back a lot of memories to be there. I really miss having Tricia close by. We are definitely kindred spirits and I love her like a sister!

Wednesday there were more tears on the way back to the airport and the whole time I was waiting for my flight. Again more people thinking I am a total whack job, but I have really quit caring about that at his point. I think by then I was all cried out. I drove to Logan to spend Christmas Eve at my Dad's house. It was a lot of fun! We ate pizza and of course a ton of treats. It was fun to be Becca and everyone else. I really love my Dad and I am so thankful that I was able to spend part of the holiday with him! Thanks Dad for all you do for me and Ava!

Christmas day started early. I got to Katies about 7:30 to watch the kids open presents and eat breakfast. I am proud to say that I did not shed one tear! It was fun to see how excited Cooper and Savnnah were to see what Santa Claus brought. Thanks to Katie and Ryan for sharing it with me. I got to Sharon and Brad's about noon to do some more celebrating. It was a good time! Sharon made a delicious Christmas dinner! I feel so blessed to have my second family! Thanks to Sharon, Brad, Nathan, Emily and Tyler for making me part of your Christmas. It was truly a huge blessing for me this year!

I am so thankful for all the many people who have reached out to me this holiday season! My life is abundantly blessed by some truly amazing people!

3 comments:

Kori said...

Your Christmas sounds lovely! Or, at least as lovely as it could be without having Ava home. Looking forward to seeing you on Monday!...

Grammy said...

I love all the pictures of Ava in your slide show. Beautiful! I'm glad you had lots of love for Christmas.

Sharon said...

We are so lucky to have you as part of our self-adopted family. It was fun having you over for presents and the traditional dinner-turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, gravey, corn, salad (which you don't like) and pie (that you never ate). We love you!