Monday, December 29, 2008

My new room!

Saturday Brad and Sharon picked me about 10:30 in the morning and we headed to IKEA to have some fun! I got a new bed and matching dresser, a picture for my wall, new bedding, and a loft bed for Ava. It was so much fun picking out all the stuff! Then we headed to RC Willey outlet and I got a still of a deal on a new mattress. It was quite the job taking a part the two old beds and hauling them out. My old bed spent a few hours on my front lawn, it was pretty pwt, but gave a good laugh seeing it out there sitting in the snow. Brad went to work putting together the new stuff in my bedroom. Sharon and I cleaned out Ava's room and then we put her bed together. We did a pretty good job if I do say so myself. We finished about 8 pm that night. I love my new stuff. It looks like an adult lives in my room now! Thanks you Dad and Nan for such a wonderful Christmas present! And thanks Brad and Sharon for spending the whole day helping me with everything!

This is the before shot of my room. It was a complete disaster! It was the place I have abandoned in my apartment and the place I would toss all the stuff I didn't really have a spot for. This picture is an embarrasment, but I am vowing to never let it look like this again!

These are the after pictures. I love it!





And now for Ava's room! This is the before picture. I know, it was a complete disaster too.


I tried to take an after picture of what the room looks like with the new stuff, but lighting was bad and they just weren't looking so good. Here are few picture of me and Sharon putting the bed together. Having the loft bed really opens up the room. We set up her kitchen and table underneath it. I think she will really like it!


10 comments:

The Skinners said...

looks great!!! A very nice improvement!

britt said...

what a awesome mom you are! I want to see the finished product on that bed. I bet Ava loved it!!!

Unknown said...

I almost bought that tulip picture a hundred times- did you get it at IKEA? Everything looks great.

Kendall & Nichole said...

I call my house is next!!!

Tori said...

Everything looks awesome!! I really love your bed spread!! Don't you just love IKEA and all of the storage/spacesaver ideas??

Abbey Hadley said...

It looks so good, Julie. You have good taste, I just bought the exact same dresser for us!

Kori said...

Way fun! Enjoy!

Heidi Sue said...

Love your new bed, I have the same one. I want to go buy the dresser.

Heidi Sue said...

Love your new bed, I have the same one. I want to go buy the dresser.

Grammy said...

Looks beautiful! Good job on cleaning your room. (I have to say that, I'm your mom.)