Monday, December 22, 2008

A little sad...... but still GOOD TIMES!

On Sunday we loaded up in Katie's car and headed to Logan. I still can't believe how fast we can fill up her car, seriously every nook and cranny packed with stuff! Sunday night we had our Clark family Christmas party. It is one of my favorite parts of Christmas. We weren't sure if the party would continue without my sweet Grandma to gather us all together, but we did it. I didn't really prepare myself in advance for the fact that she wouldn't be there, it was just too hard to think about. It hit me when we were driving up and it definitely hit me when we got to the party. It was so sad to walk in and not have her run up to hug us and tell us all how beautiful we are. I really missed that hug. We started out the night a little teary eyed but I think we all had a really good time. It was fun to see everyone, eat dinner and yummy treats. We kind of switched things up and didn't do the traditional white elephant presents but the new game we played was fun too. I have always loved the smell of my sweet Grandma's house. I have never been able to pin point exactly what the smell is. The best way I can think of to describe it is comfort. My sisters and I discussed this on the way back to my Dad's after the party and for the first time I realized what that special small was. It was my Grandma. It was the comfort she provided for all those that she loved. I really could have used some of that comfort this week, but I know that her spirit was there with us all and that seeing us all together probably gave her some comfort.
It was so great to just spend the whole day with family today. I love my family so much. I seriously could not have hand picked better people to spend my life here on earth with and for eternity. I am to wiped out to post any pictures, but I have some pretty priceless ones of Luka at the Aggie game tonight. Mostly right now I just want to let my family how know how much they really do mean to me. Thanks for all you do for me and Ava! We love you all more than words could ever express!

1 comment:

Grammy said...

So glad to know that the party continues! We will always have joy when we think of Grandma.